Doesn't the concept of SAFE "APP"s bypass the security of SAFE?

I did try (not perfectly) to be respectful of the person and simply asked him to do more reading. Oh and I can link to where I had answered this question for him before, just in less detail. I don’t think he realised that the forum keeps track of “seen” time of members before they even join the forum.

Unfortunately the response I got from him does make it more difficult. I understand some cannot learn from reading but need specific questions answered directly, but he assured us he was intelligent and capable, so I tried.

As to discussing how we responded to him, suggests to me that as a group we are trying to respond better to people and be more inclusive of more people rather than the negative suggestion.

I think there is an old saying that while from religious texts is really just a universal truth for getting along with others. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

9 Likes

Also, turn the other cheek :slight_smile:

And he who is without sin cast the first stone, so that’s definitely not me lol

4 Likes

At this stage of SAFE, I think we are doing a grave disservice to new users by not offering a good FAQ, one that will be presented in a prominent place for all new users. This should also minimize the confrontational tenor of conversations we sometimes find ourselves involved in on this board. I would volunteer to get it started but I don’t trust my own expertise enough or, frankly, have the time.

5 Likes

Lol. Care to elaborate? On second thoughts…!

We already have a rather old FAQ, but I don’t tend to refer people to it, partly because it is out of date and I don’t recall what it covers now. But mainly because I think people prefer to be answered and I find it helps build the community. So I am quite happy to answer people’s questions, even the same ones repeatedly, and did so politely for the OP in the chat at some length, but this guy was just very unpleasant to interact with (on the chat), so eventually I stopped.

I think it’s good to have the FAQ for those few who would make use of it, but doubt very much the OP would have used it, which is fine as I’ve explained.

4 Likes

Having good documentation and pinned threads at alpha 2 release time will pay back dividends. It is show time, as they say (albeit with a pre release version)!

3 Likes

@neo I think you handled the issue very well and yeah I was a baddie here who stuck the boot in.

As all of us know, the stress the devs are under is immense and it really hit a sore spot that he/she couldn’t compute David was talking to them on a Sunday evening :star_struck: and simply trying to help.

I am relatively new here so didn’t mean to cause a stir but would only ever do that if someone basically middle fingered any of the Devs like that.

So lesson learnt on my end :blush:

You are all correct, these posts will increase in nature as the ground swells underneath this project in the next couple of years. I saw the same thing with both the btc and eth forums in the early days and these type of things do keep popping their heads up (far worse than this).

It’s a lovely thing your already addressing this issue now, very responsible actually. Responsibility is one of the things that stands out about the community and is an important quality I hope we all keep as the important financial and social decisions a lot here may/will face should SAFE be widely adopted need to be placed in very ‘safe’ hands :wink:

Enough from me as @happybeing would say I’m old :sleeping:

12 Likes

Build it and they will come. Soon, this board will probably be overwhelmed with new users. Answering all the newbie questions the old fashioned way (board conversation) will be too time-consuming and frustrating. We need a good FAQ to just point new users to but it needs to have a snappy name, not “FAQ”.

3 Likes