Doesn't Rule 41 basically make the SAFE Network illegal?

The SAFE Network masks your location and keep you anonymous.

I’m not trying to create FUD but very concerned with the way Rule 41 could be applied to the SAFE Network.

1 Like

This is why we need to shift over to meshnet asap! It only applies to those who uses central ISP services. On meshnet, it will be impossible for them to snoop.

Yes, it will apply for safenet, i2p, freenet, zeronet, etc users. The government does not want people to use decentralize service because it loses their credibility of legitimate use of violence, and the law. Decentralize service put government into shame.

8 Likes

hmm not illegal but they might get a warrant …

1 Like

Right it’s not exactly illegal but it is an entrapment.

2 Likes

yeah but since most people “don’t have anything to hide” they shouldn’t care and just use it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So i’m supposed to run this software and hope I never get a knock on my door?

… you could use i2p or tor instead

or leave the country and come to us kind europeans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They can’t arrest us all, the more using the network the better! We have to realize strength in numbers and not almost willingly be coerced by these tyrannical groups

3 Likes

They can’t arrest us all but they can pick and choose which ones they go after.

i would suggest to vote for a new president more concerned about privacy … but since that is not easy this side of the pond too i reckon that could become a difficult task …

1 Like

Awesome. I guess in the land of the free, privacy is a crime. This is disgusting.

Add this article about cops cleaning out bank acccounts and debit cards in the US just because and I may indeed take a trip across the pond soon @riddim …lol! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey bud,

that’s the thing it can’t be applied to the network. Rule 41 basically means that the government can access a device if it’s suspected that it’s using TOR or some kind of anonymizer in conjunction with criminal activity. it sounds like your situated in the United states so here’s what in a worst case situation rule 41 would look like.

If the FBT saw you were using safe network and they suspected you of criminal activity they would be able to gain access to your device. That’s all rule 41 allots for. They can’t force you to provide your safenetwork.io password or anything of the sort because it would be a violation of the Constitution your “right not to provide evidence against yourself”.

This constitutional principle is so well founded that you could even deny handing over your computer on the basis that you would incriminate yourself. Which would completely defeat rule 41.

Brother you need to overcome this idea that law only exists to serve the government and cannot be used to defend an individual’s interest. Especially in the United states where all law is constitutionally derived.

6 Likes

Unless the do an ulbritch computer grab at the library! Haha these agencies are shady but I don’t worry since I am on the straight and narrow and just further proof you can have security privacy and freedom without being a “bad guy”.

3 Likes

The main attraction of the US is guns, lotsa guns, and that saves my love for it.

3 Likes

I’m not in that boat of thinking the law only is there to serve the government. I am in the boat of knowing that some in the government are pretty shady and have other goals then upholding my constitutional rights.

2 Likes

you’re in the right boat. Rule 41 does not supercede the constitution.

@bluebird me too man. It doesn’t matter what laws they pass we will not relinquish our natural right to defend ourselves. The honeybee boos and Kardashitans on TV do not represent my people. We are awake ready and prepared to non violently oppose the corporate state.

3 Likes

the government can access a device if it’s suspected that

Behind the scenes, the appropriate agency will supect the target for crime XYZ, gain access via various means/attack (sometimes this happens before any suspicion and a normal person becomes a target for further investigation), get evidence, then they need to figure out how to make the evidence public so that it’s admissible in court. Data from a hacked PC in the possession of a government agency is obviously a hot potato - if it gets out in the press - SO the same agency will employ PR, third party hackers and other agencies to mount a campaign that basically makes the data “legally incriminating”.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if in 20 years, we find out that the entire Panama Papers were leaked to “legally catch” one person. I’m not saying this is what happened, just saying it’s possible. It’s also possible of course that white hat hackers did actually want to expose the global elite trying to evade their native land taxes.

2 Likes

I thought it was about rule 34 lol

2 Likes

In the UK if you refuse to divulge a password it can land you two years in prison. No such rights.

1 Like

In Australia the jail time is 6 months.

Back to the FBI

The law is to allow them access to your computer. It does NOT make your use of security software illegal or in any way suspicious. They were suspicious for other reasons. So if they do access your computer they (hopefully) would not see anything that makes them think you are a criminal. They will be looking at your files, your screen, etc.

In Australia the spooks have been given specific laws to allow them to hack anybodies computer while investigating. They only have to show that in some way it helped them in an investigation, so your computer may not even be suspected of anything, just that it would “help” them. That help could even be to simply mask the source of a hack attempt on another computer.

2 Likes