Do we want a Community run/owned forum “in spirit” or would we rather that be “in fact”?

That’s an option but that doesn’t fit all situations. When 2 people get into a personal flame war where 1 says that the other is a @#%&@ and the other replies that he and his mom both are &#&#&# we just delete both replies. Especially if that topic is about self_encryption or routing :yum:. I don’t really see why we would reply in-topic saying: “there was a personal flame-war going on here, we removed 4 replies from @userA and @userB. Use @ moderators if you don’t agree or want to comment.” It’s an extreme example but we’ve seen it. The reason most users don’t see it is because we acts quite fast on these issues. That’s also an explanation for why mods have the right to delete whatever they want (as you know is in the FG). We don’t just do that, we always reach consensus. But when the case is clear like this example there’s not really the need to have a meeting on Slack and talk about it. Same for spam accounts. We see several of them in a week. I see a lot of “Deleted another spam account” coming by on Slack. Most of them don’t even exist for an hour is my guess.

And for other issues feel free to use @ moderators in META. We’re already there on a daily basis so we do notice. But again, not all issues fit to be public and open etc. If I go on a cryptoforum somewhere and I get one of my posts deleted I would just PM the mods. If they don’t come up with a good explanation I would look for META and make my case there. But to be honest, we’ve set back some topics or replies when we had an error. And the fastest way to trigger a reply is by @ moderators. Some of us get a ping on their phones (freaks! :grinning:) when that happens.