Do not use SNT as abbreviation of Safe Network Token

Please do not use SNT as abbreviation of Safe Network Token, to avoid more confusion like Safecoin.

6 Likes

I have said it before and I will say it again. We have a perfect and easy to remember name - Safe. 1 Safe, 100 Safe, 1 million Safe. It is perfect. :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

safe is also taken

2 Likes

I do not care. There project is here today, and it will not be here tomorrow. We are here and we will stand here forever. Safe is ours. Let them change their name, not us.

3 Likes

They registered the ticker first- or more likely simply got a listing for their token under that name before us. You can try to negotiate but don’t be surprised f they tell you to take a hike.

I suggest some deep thinking for another ticker name.

Here are all their contact methods if you want to open negotiations
https://www.anwang.com/en/index.html

They have been around since 2017 at least and have their own Safe Foundation

1 Like

What exactly does this mean? Where did they register it? Is it in the Safe network? No! Someone has a database site and we have to comply with him?

How about we don’t do it and he complies with us :slight_smile: Safe is a perfect name for a token. The other products that use it will disappear in 1-10 years, should we give up a perfect name because of them?

1 Like

I doubt that is the best opening line to try to persuade a (seemingly) well established token that they have to give up their name and identity cos it is inconvenient for ourselves.

Yep - and they got there first - now on 12 exchanges - none of which I have ever heard of but I am no Chinese crypto analyst/aficionado. So they may well be a big deal in Asia and could feel quite entitled to suggest that WE change our name. Rarely a good idea to go picking a fight until you know your opponent and his resources very well indeed.

1 Like

Be careful the battles you choose.

1 Like

It seems like both Safecoin and SAFE have the SAFE ticker

I ask again. These are private databases. They are here today, they will not be here tomorrow. The word Safe is general and cannot be registered anywhere.

It is perfect for us and I say use it. There is no need to persuade anyone to change their name, let them use the name Safe. Nobody cares about them. Their channel has 500 people in the telegram.

2 Likes

I once held a similar view to yours. But things have changed now. In some regard the other blockchain project has tarnished the “SAFE” exchange symbol and “Safecoin” and made it dirty/cheap. I think “Safe Network Token” works well. Again, SNT has been used by others already, so why try to claim existing territory. I think it’s better we explore uncharted terrain if possible.

I was looking through stock tickers the other day and noticed AT&T. It is a major US telecommunications company, a titan. Their stock ticker is simply “T”. Thinking about this, along with the “keep it simple” network principle, my proposal for the Safe Network would be to now go with simply “S” as the ticker symbol. We all know the “S” is for Safe. If this isn’t enough, then just add one more letter and go for “SN”, SN is for Safe Network.

15 Likes

Could be they have at least 500 people who care about them. Why make enemies when with a little research we could possibly make friends?

3 Likes

Were they interested in us when they took the word Safe? No, right?

1 Like

Whatever is decided it needs to be trademarked pronto. About $200 I believe. Otherwise, you will have a hard time defending your claim of being the rightful owner of symbol.

3 Likes

The Safe symbol exists only in the Safe network. Everything else is symbols in private databases, which exist today and not tomorrow.

2 Likes

Aaaaand FWIW they have (c)2017 at the bottom of their page. How legit their claim to copyright is, I have no idea. IANAL especially an intellectual property lawyer with experience of Far Easstern markets. But I would go find one before you go picking fights.

2 Likes

You cannot register a common word. Anyone can use it.

1 Like

Doesn’t change the necessity of a trademark. Otherwise, every time the symbol is used for finance/business/listing purposes the company and shareholders will be walking on thin ice. With a trademark there is much legal protection.

2 Likes

Not always true. “Apple”.

2 Likes

There is a difference between a trademark and a copyright. Go the trademark route.

2 Likes