Discussion of Covid-19 information (No holds barred)

3 Likes

I like the guy. Not all Finns are the same, of course, but we are not known for beating around the bush. We’re pretty straight forward folk. Here is a link to Mr. Torvalds’ post.
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2106.1/04596.html

3 Likes

From this post he sounds like an arsehole to me quite frankly. This post is just him shouting people down with name calling. By the way there are now scientists saying that the MRNA from these so called vaccines does not just stay at injection site & travels throughout the body and ends up in our organs.

3 Likes

I have wondered about that. Why would it be expected to stay at the injection site? Once it hits the blood stream, which it needs to for the immune system to make its attack cells, it would not stay at the site?

The other question is how many micro-grams are we talking about of the MRNA? And why does it matter if some micrograms of MRNA is within these organs considering they travelled the body via the blood stream. And why would not the MRNA simply be recycled/removed as dead biomass from the body once the immune system has attacked it.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Linus Torvalds and multilingualism

The MRNA itself doesn’t need to enter the bloodstream - it just needs to get some cells local to it to make the spike proteins encoded in the MRNA, and those spike proteins then need to enter the blood stream for the immune system to fight against.

I guess it’s not unlikely for some of the vaccine MRNA to enter the bloodstream, but don’t know why that would pose any problem.

2 Likes

Disclaimer, speculative, but I do read the papers as they come.

The speculative reason why it is a problem is that the spike protein itself is the harmful bit (it seems to be the majority of COVID’s damage comes from it as well). The mRNA can travel all over the body and some of the places it can make the spike are potentially problematic (e.g. in brain… the mrna lipcapsules can cross the blood brain barrier). As of now spike proteins have been observed everywhere, including loose in the blood (they were only supposed to present on cell surfaces, but that seems to not be the case). Further, there are unverified worries that spike presenting on certain tissues could help trigger autoimmune diseases. Finally, there is speculation that because the spike is engineered to not bend on insertion into the ACE2 receptor (like the natural ones do), it may open the door to antibody driven enhancement (ADE) which could potentially make exposure to variants worse for the body than the natural infection would be … so far we are observing that the mRNA vaccines seem to do quite well against e.g. the delta variant… whereas the AZ vaccine does not do well, so no specific worry there.

In short, some observed effects that were ‘not part of the claimed safety brief’, but not much evidence one way or another that they are actually a problem. Best news in last 2 months is that 1) the mRNA vaccines protect against all the variants so far 2) Infection with COVID produces long lived antibody response (you get it, your body produces antibodies in your marrow) 3) There is cross-reactivity with other common cold corona viruses, so if you’ve been lucky enough to have one of the colds sharing nucleocapsid proteins, you have some degree of resistance to COVID as well (would explain things like why primary school teachers are not getting COVID to nearly the degree that general population is)…

2 Likes

Traditional vaccines are composed of proteins + adjuvants (immune stimulating compounds). These both create a rapid immune response that locks down the antigen in one spot. You immune system is mobile in the body, so vaccine doesn’t need to travel in any case, but if it did it would lead to systemic inflammation and increase the risk of auto-immunity.

The mRNA vaccines though don’t trigger immediate immune reactions as it takes a bit of time to absorb into cells; cells to manufacture the proteins and display them on the cell surface and then trigger immune lockdown of the vicinity. So instead of localized inflammation, you end up with global inflammation. Further as spike protein has considerable homology with some natural human proteins, autoimmunity is possibly a more likely outcome.

2 Likes

Why are the scientists leaving these studies for parents to carry out? This must be why all the doctors said at the beginning of the pandemic that masks could potentially cause more harm than good :lying_face:

2 Likes
1 Like

I think the third mRNA vaccine, already produced a lot I think, won’t be that popular:
CureVac’s COVID-19 vaccine misses efficacy goal in pivotal trial

1 Like

Clip of recent Joe Rogan interview Saagar Enjeti

Fauci, Gain-of-Function Research, and Wuhan Lab Funding

1 Like

‘In light of our findings that more than half of individuals with positive PCR test results are unlikely to have been infectious’

https://www.journalofinfection.com/article/S0163-4453(21)00265-6/fulltext?s=09

2 Likes
4 Likes

Re: Ivermectin, HCQ, Vitamin D and all alternative treatments, a real time updated metascore for all existing papers can be found here

2 Likes

Interesting. Russia being a formerly communist State … I’d like to see the stats for other former communist-rule places.

Edit: link – https://morningconsult.com/global-vaccine-tracking/

1 Like

The Bat Lady is one smart cookie

^https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/wuhans-bat-lady-found-all-genes-required-genetically-engineer-sars-coronavirus-2017-report?utm_campaign=&utm_content=Zerohedge%3A+The+Durden+Dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zh_newsletter

This is hilarious.

Watch this bizarre reply from Manitoba premier when asked about ivermectin.
From 30:35 mins to the end

2 Likes

WHO doesn’t advise getting the vaccine if your under 18.

2 Likes