Discussion about reforming/replacing the current modding system. Part 1 – Genesis

I know that mods/admins are not here to correct others, although that’s something that sometimes needs to be done as well. It’s more like, we want a clean and organized forum where people can talk Safenet and Maidsafe. Most incidents I see come by in the mod-slack channel are things like: “Deleted a spam account about weightloss”. Or “A new topic was started on the price of Safecoin, I moved it to the existing topic about the price of Safecoin”. Next to that we see topics go off-topic from routing to the post capitalism era. I think it would be a big mess when we wouldn’t have any mods. But most of these actions you won’t see because it doesn’t take that long for someone to flag or a mod to act on it.

We did a vote, and under 7% of all 1500 members (at that time) made a vote at all. I think using coins it would even be lower than that.

I’ve made more of these points here. I hope Safenet will provide us with apps to vote etc. But right now it really is hard to do. We have 1800 members, and some of them are very inactive. When do we accept an outcome? 150 users? Or 60 active users (how would we know who’s active, no app for that)?

I’ve used counterparty and voting coins btw. You really need active members for that.