Dirty little secrets - Massive leak exposes a parallel universe for the ELites

The ELites are begging for SAFE to launch…they realize now, that they should have bought maidsafecoin.

The ‘Panama Papers’’ is now a searchable Database

Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers?

Dirty Little Secrets

It’s a parallel universe for the ultra-rich and ultra-powerful. But a massive new leak has exposed their underworld.

A world, generally hidden to all but those who profit from it.

But a new trove of secret information is shining unprecedented light on this dark corner of the global economy. Fusion analyzed an archive containing 11.5 million internal documents from Mossack Fonseca’s files, including corporate records, financial filings, emails, and more, extending from the firm’s inception in 1977 to December 2015. The documents were obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and shared with Fusion and over 100 other media outlets by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) as part of the Panama Papers investigation. The massive leak is estimated to be 100 times bigger than Wikileaks. It’s believed to be the largest global investigation in history.

Mossack Fonseca: The Nazi, CIA And Nevada Connections… And Why It’s Now Rothschild’s Turn

What the story is about is the nebulous world of offshore tax evasion and tax havens, which based on data from the World Bank, IMF, UN, and central banks, hide between $21 and $32 trillion, where registered incorporation agents and law firms in small Caribbean countries (and not so small US states) make the laundering of money and the “disappearance” of the super wealthy, into untracable numbers hidden behind shell companies, possible.

So, in order to learn some more about the real star of this story, the Panamanian lawfirm of Mossack Fonseca, we went to Fusion which has compiled a fascinating story of the company’s history, founders, and key milestone events in its life.

These include the Nazis, the CIA, Mexican drug lords, and of course, the U.S.

5 Likes

Nice data to read through, no doubt - a form of gossip news (a finance/politics equivalent of “who’s doing Botox”) for those of us who are into crypto and finance.

But we had similar leaks in recent years and nothing happened. I would argue these news don’t matter. In fact the safest and most clandestine form of thievery is to work for the government and not have any financial interest outside of your job. Say $60K * 40 years * 10% (or whatever the figure is) of the population.
That’s where the big money is. These poor bastards whose financial dealings leaked out are a mere distraction from stuff that matters (a very concrete example for this past weekend: the news about the EU/IMF and Greece; modern day slavery on a country or continental scale).
Even if they get prosecuted others will take their place. And the sheeple will still give the same (if not higher) percentage of their income to the government. Same as it ever was.

4 Likes

I would say that while knowledge == power, there’s not much we can do besides get the Network up and running, and push its acceptance based on that knowledge.

So in this case knowledge == delayed power?

1 Like

Moved to #off-topic category

@janitor This data released involves Vladimir Putin, Bashar Assad and the King of Saudi Arabia. I think it’s going to be a bigger deal than anything that’s been released in the past.

2 Likes

@chrisfostertv SAFE won’t help them, it will make it worse, there will be things like SLUR on SAFE regardless of the mechanism. SAFE will help privacy but it will also enable transparency and the erosion of secrecy. I think you point it out above but the total is now expected to be in the range of 32 Trillion, and it shows what a scam austerity is and was.

1 Like

So let’s see, what has happened up no now?

Nothing. Even Cameron doesn’t give a damn.
No self-respecting autocrat will allow to be disturbed by such nonsense.

I can’t believe that only 2-3 years after that last laughable off-shore leak (that most people couldn’t be bothered with for more than 4-5 days), the sheeple again believe that another leak will somehow matter. :joy:

The Prime Minister of Iceland resigned because of the papers. I still say it’s not over but I understand your point of view.

Yep he did.
The rulers of that island don’t enjoy the same level of physical protection as the scammer from the UK.

1 Like

Added a new ABC Australia documentary

The youtube video is private now. Is there a downloaded copy of it?

Should be ok again now

1 Like

The economic terrorists and tax evaders in the states were recently whining bitterly that the IRS was profiling them for audits based on their criminal ideology. Imagine a string of thefts and break ins in a neighborhood and the members of a local support group called unrepentant thieves getting upset when the police want to interview them. Imagine allowing these thieves to defund the police deparment. This is exactly what austerity, also the oil economy/power. And the current media is a hired cheerleader for this group of entitled thieves.

The first (and possibly only) outcome for the UK citizens of this stupid news: now the UK government has agreed to data exchange with the EU, so all UK citizens’ income data (including trusts, etc.) will be available to the Brussels apparatchiks.

No doubt the more complete data will be helpful in future “European fiscal modelling” (i.e. how to squeeze more out of the sheeple).
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!

It wasn’t that long ago that @happybeing was rejoicing the new EU privacy rules… Soon his private financial data will be made accessible to petty bureaucrats across the EU. :smile:
Who coulda known? :joy:

Provide a link please when you quote someone. Then others can form an opinion based on a readable quote of what someone said.

2 Likes

Quotes of the day:

• “This rules out all those bulk collection schemes currently in use by UK, France etc and much of the Investigatory Powers Bill currently going through the UK Parliament.”
  • “This and other EU rulings do in fact often protect citizen rights against their own governments.”

Less than three quarters after these bold proclamations, the EU is on way to gain complete (as in “blanket surveillance”) insight into the UK citizens’ assets.

:grin:

Btw I hoped I won’t get moderated soon now that HappyBeing has resigned from the mod team, but I was wrong.
I’m following news on Brexit, hoping to spot him in one of photos of the Stronger In events. :relaxed:

Added a link to a searchable Database

1 Like

Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers?

1 Like