Digipl's battle. Read the assault and help provide clarity. Call to arms!

Don’t ask where, hard to find. But David said that (I think in one of these video’s btw) that if you go from IP to XOR you’ll only get a chance for a very short time. A group might say: welcome to the network, you need to change your address a bit in 15 second otherwise the offer to join is gone. I think the relay_node will kick you off when you let 3 of these attempts pass or so. I was trying to get my head around bootstrapping in this topic but i didn’t got any further yet.

With 1000 users on the network you’ll have 1000 groups in XOR. Some might be 12 nodes, others 32 nodes at max. But there are 1000 groups. So what could you do? Run the bootstrap process after connecting to a relay node. Then get a call from a friend saying: “Hi, I’m node 998, get close to me” and the “only thing” you would have to do is ask yourself if the address you got from the network (or the altered address that you got back from a group) is close or not to your friend’s address. if it’s not? Find something closer to him. But this means you need a whole list of relay_nodes to try to get in. And with 1000 groups and 1000 users that’s already quite hard, not to say impossible. I think my brain spins when trying this with a network of 1 million users. Before you get close enough to him already some new nodes may have joined his group filling it up to 32.