DevUpdate :safe: 6 April 2015

Oh man, from my very knees covered in blood and sweat :slight_smile: (just like ice cold in Alice at times :wink: ) I can tell you the current plan is a review and implementation review next week (keyboards down) for a 10 day sprint that will probably see the beginnings of testnet3, but we are doing all this really as fast as we can to get in front of the curve. When we are in front we will give all the dates and times with 100% accuracy as we will only make release dates after the code and tests are complete. Please don’t take timescales from us right now and let us go at this pace, it will get us there much faster if we keep this pace up, but it is pretty focussed.

This will be a rolling iterative release. The intent is to match up all the TODO items on the libraries with the roadmap to automatically check them off and turn them into a link to download that version.

This burst of work has been ferocious to allow us and from a personal perspective, me to get in front of the game and state with clarity what is happening, but to have a ton e of evidence folk can click on. The enormity of the project was preventing clear messages under so much pressure, this will come to and end now, but we will need a few mins break (just not this month).

The other issue you may see is many of the libs are under my name ? This is something I want to encourage. MaidSafe will fork these and create releases from their fork, but where they get developed need not be a maidsafe repository. So if you did a module we could use (say for instance a stand alone sentinel) we will fork it and add it and leave to you manage it in your repo. If we like it then it’s in if we disagree we are on our own forks all of that is cool.

So now I would love to see the San Francisco Montreal Melbourn London etc. Pods all with their own repo’s and building stuff for core as we move on, even doing PR to us for fixes/docs/more tests/examples/benchmarks etc. Then were moving swiftly and sharing quickly which will make all the difference.

For now I would say just look at the libs and the todo’s done in a couple of week s and compare with what’s required for 0.1 versions and you will see when we are in 0.1 then network live again and then we will add further version updates for testnet3/beta etc. as we move on. I see testnet3->beta as feature freeze and just adding efficiency and security analysis etc.

17 Likes