Developer Survey

I’ve noticed a few people looking for developers in the forum. I came across this research today and thought it may be of interest. Quite a few insights.

6 Likes

I knew it, I just knew it, vim beats emacs, I knew it, I don’t care sublime and notepad are so much higher, vim beats emacs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Supplementary Q: How many Yum Yums did you have to buy?

3 Likes

I can’t believe that didn’t make it in :smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely we need enough mistakes per week or else people are not trying hard enough :slight_smile: plus the sugar the sugar :sunny:

3 Likes

26,086 people from 157 countries participated in our 45-question survey. 6,800 identified as full-stack developers, 1,900 as mobile developers, 1,200 as front-end developers, 2 as farmers, and 12,000 as something else.

I thought it was great to see a reference to farming already on stackoverflow :smiley:

Really good resource for terminology, and also stats about developers;

3 Likes

I go with about half a cup of sugar, half a cup of tea, about 10 times a day :smiley:

1 Like

Please tell me there is not a YumYum crisis in Troon?!?!!?!?!?

1 Like

This sh#t just got serious!

2 Likes

I noticed how few people are involved in design and vision: that means few people in those fields are checking into code advice, etc. Probably because the coders are giving feedback from their collaboration on stackexchange.

I wonder how the dev industry would be if these groups participated in code discovery, etc directly, the great quality of work that emerges. .

Something tells me being a code developer will kill your liver thanks to all the sugar you consume. Maybe one way to contribute to the project is coming up with a Maidsafe developer Yum Yum cookbook: Food for the Sprints

1 Like

As long as the code developer maintains a healthy lifestyle, even with sugar let’s say it is a component for being able to have 20 hour work days and remain refreshed, and continuing. Such as having some kind of sport, and maintaining brain function, all that sugar is consumed.

Since it is tea is soothing as well. Unlike sodas or sugar drinks that are associated with liver problems, etc.
Constantly consuming tea and usually with sugar keeps my body energized, and also my kidney function high as well. And this is where the life force is stored. Assuredly I can continue like this for decades and remain healthy. and into ‘old age’.

1 Like

If you need sugar to stay alert you are probably addicted to it. If your body is metabolically flexible you are more alert when you are fasted than fed.

2 Likes