Dev Update - postponed until Thursday

that was april 15th, last friday and the weekend has passed already in the mean time

4 Likes

related. It’s a bug that seems to defy logic and looking at it you imagine it cannot possibly happen. Short form “it’s a hard bug to squash”.

9 Likes

PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP PtT PtP PtP PtP PtP PtP

http://maidsafe.net/roadmap.html#pay_the_product

3 Likes

The roadmap works fine for me on the desktop (Chrome and Firefox), only doesn’t work for me on mobile: Firefox on Android, where I get endless reloads. (cc @Ross)

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. My question wasn’t so much, “Why did you say it that way if it wasn’t going to happen” as it was, “Can you give us a taste of what actually happened that caused the timeline to slip?” In my experience, developers are notoriously uncertain about timelines. To see that level of ‘certainty’ (I recognize it was always just a guess) from you last tuesday was a rarity for me, and it gave me extra assurance of the closeness of the goal. As such, I surmise that whatever popped up must’ve been pretty big to contravene that ‘certainty’, and my question was more to understand the nature of what that issue was.

2 Likes

Same here @happybeing

1 Like

I’ve dealt with many of these myself, though I didn’t know they had a name. Thanks.

tack on another 2-3 weeks for that one

1 Like

Actually @happybeing it works for me on my mobile Android Chrome, but I just have to make sure I don’t scroll down too far to the bottom, or else the annoying looping starts.

But if I stay near the top of the page, then it works as well as the desktop version for me.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be more complicated to impliment streaming video for a video chat than a ownership change for an altcoin for safecoin? I’m looking at the messaging logic here.

No problem. We had gotten through the really tough parts of the recent push. Crust and routing, leaving just vaults. Vaults should be very simple, but were more coupled than we had hoped. So until yesterday afternoon we were fighting complex coupled code. Yesterday afternoon we changed tack on the problem and realised a way to get the functionality we wanted, but in a much simpler manner.

We were finalising test today and found a small issue with churn and deletes for structured data. So rather than push vaults out, we decided to take a day to just stop and measure correctly what we had and run these on our droplets (testnets) to confirm behaviour. That’s happening now.

I slept very little this weekend to adjust some parts that were not type safe enough and then some of the guys were working till the small hours this morning and then on a hangout all day. So it was too fast and too much in the last days to not stop and breath. So we have a small issue to sort (probably not even totally required) and that is delete from SD while churn is happening. We can rest tonight and take a look in the morning for an hour or two, kill that and then test and confirm binaries etc. are all OK.

So no single bug, but there was a bit of code that was complex and coupled (data manager) that was causing issues. It does not now :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Lol. As much as I’m vehemently opposed to this suggestion, I’d be curious to see how the creation of alt-coins (ala @Seneca) could reduce or eliminate the need for this model.

As a side note, unless I’m just not seeing it, I don’t see an app dev reward model even though that is specified in the Safecoin RFC, and PtP is not in any RFC.

2 Likes

We took that approach because PtP is a feature, whereas app dev reward, farmers reward and core dev rewards are integrated within the safecoin implementation.

8 Likes

Thanks @happybeing - I will feed this back to @Krishna_Kumar and @Shankar

1 Like

I notice little symbols beside each item. While the checkmark is fairly obvious perhaps a key or legend for all the symbols would be useful similar to what’s found on a map.

5 Likes

Could we get some elaboration on each section that is not finished developed , for example I go into client → app management → Route .Safenet TLD - > and “Manage Applications” has a “status open” icon , well what does it mean ? if I had an explanation ( couple of sentences ) regarding what should be developed or a link to a spec I would know to estimate the time left on each open issue , Thanks !!

Hey there! Just wanted to chime in on the road map it’s stuck in a reload loop on iOS Safari as well. Wants to bring you back to top of page every reload which is usually after you have scrolled down, also looks like part of some descriptions may be cut off? Can’t confirm till I see it on a desktop. Other than that it looks great. Excited for Thursday! Whoop whoop!!

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback on the roadmap. We will pick up on these, discuss and implement the suggestions where appropriate. Worth noting that we will be starting to make a few changes to the site which you will start to see from next week.

9 Likes

ffx and chromium on opensuse x64 works fine with the roadmap

1 Like