Dev Team Snack Fund

It is important to boost morale. I propose starting a snack fund for the Dev team.

3 Likes

David has a btc address on metaquestions.me but I would like to help out everyone in the office. If you can get someone to post I’m in too

1 Like

I think a separate Bitcoin address just for the dev team would be nice.

All we need to know guys is that your there, honestly we have a fruit bowl and some sweeties ( Justine keeps us fed) and plenty of coffee, all we really need to is to get the testnet back on line with the new logic and dev processes so honestly it’s cool. Buy us a beer when we meet :slight_smile:

Things are moving very fast in house so no worries.

17 Likes

Well we are here to cheer on the team and thanks to Justine for keeping up with the snacks :wink: Honestly when I check out the dev update I always look at what everyone is up to and think their role is equally important in helping achieve this projects goal. So just because someone isn’t writing code doesn’t mean we’re not rooting for you too because we are! Someday it’d be great to meet in person if @dirvine and @nicklambert continue to make it to btc conventions or any convention I would make a point to show up. I’d definately buy everyone a drink. I’m an IPA man how about yourself?

3 Likes

Similar, well a drink we call heavy here, just beer really and Guinness too:smile: )

7 Likes

I looked on a brew site real quick. A wee heavy scotch ale? 9% content sounds good if I got the right one. While on the topic if anyone can get their hands on it dragons milk is really good and sounds slightly similar, it’s a heavy beer that’s sat in old whiskey barrels it’s about 12% I think and it’s good ;D I’ll leave everyone to their business.

1 Like

Lol…stop talking about beer, I’m salivating for a slow poured draught, cask conditioned Guiness…and I can’t drink! :smiley:
By the way, 9% for a beer is very strong - I know because as I used to be a not so discerning drinker and I drank either Special brew or Tennents Super - both 9%. 8-10 of these a day levelled my mood around the same as a bottle or so of vodka. Normal pub beers are usually around a third to half this strength I think…
Is heavy not more like a stout?
Anyway, if you’re ever in Madchester, I’ll defo buy you all a drink and give you a slapping at pool, while I drink my orange. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll take you up on that one day, but you may find I’m as tough on the pool table as the forum ;-). Last visit (years ago unf.) The Castle had a pool table. The Grey Horse another favorite for its “special” in the steaming jug on the bar. My all time faves have been demolished though :frowning: Drinking orange is an unfair advantage though.

3 Likes

Lol…yes that would be great. I’ve also not actually been in a pub for well over a decade and couldn’'t tell you a good one nowadays - or how much beer costs!
I’ll just say that I also used to be exactly like Tom Cruise in “the Hustler”… :smile:
OK…100 Safecoin per frame? :smiley:

2 Likes

That could be high stakes after launch!

3 Likes

Told my bank manager when i was a student…“Don’t worry about the £300 overdraft, there is a pool competition coming up, and i will win it” :cold_sweat:

I got beat in the final on the black…got £300, paid back the overdraft. He (bankman) just shook his head.

It would be great to have a meetup/conference in a year or so, somewhere in UK (Highlands!!!) for a couple of days, i’m sure we could find somewhere with a pool table…but if not…just pitch some tents and Marquee, somewhere magical…there are always solutions :smile:

3 Likes

Lol…I was going to post a picture of myself so you can see that as I have aged I am now the spitting image of Paul Newman. Unfortunately, just did a selfie jpg but it won’t paste…I’m rubbish at that stuff…you’ll just have to believe me now :smiley:

3 Likes

Agree - we’d like to contribute our CaffeinAll non-bitter caffeine shaker.