Dev team should dump thier BTC

I have never heard of a business where the management is personally hurt because people try to constructively counsel them about how to maximize the success of the business. Some here are more savy about technical stuff and can help them most by giving that kind of input, which I don’t think hurts their feelings either (although in that case you are telling the artist how to paint so I think the potential of that being disrespectful might actually be greater.) Some are more interested in crypto markets and can help in that way best. I never knew this forum was only for the first kind of people and their suggestions were not taken as a personal affront but later kind were always offensive.

2 Likes

Still missed it

Not the management. But people real people who do not want to feel their jobs are at risk. Just have some thought for real people other than your thoughts

2 Likes

hmm ok well I do see your point there I think. But really it happens all the time. If you work for a corporation the shareholders are constantly pointing out risks and I don’t think that’s really threatening jobs. I would say its more protecting them in that someone is looking out for you in that regard. If the risks are real then we should talk about them as much as possible to find the best solution, not just let the consequences come to us. And again let me qualify that I mean respectful debate helps us, and not just saying “damn we are so screwed” or attacking each other personally.

All I wanted to do here was point out a positive thing for job security: bitcoin is up so here is a chance to secure lots of funds to fuel this thing to the finish line.

1 Like

Not been in many jobs have you obviously.

Here think of people in crypto when someone makes plausible comments about a coin failing. Now we have a 3rd topic on funding issues about Maidsafe. People employed in jobs are very sensitive about potential funding issues in a company. Instead of crypto trader who simply takes a hit, these employees are risking their house, family well being, etc if they remain in a failing company.

Please consider your words and realise even trying to help can sound like yelling fire in a theater

BTW your opening post came across as the management do not know the best thing to do with their financies and should listen to you. You may have been trying to help, but it can never come across that way when you do what you did in the opening post

EDIT: This post from the second topic might help your understanding

1 Like

Hi Andy, just wanted to ask if you’ve had a look at the folk on the board and those advising this project?

Not trying to detract anything from what your trying to say, but perhaps it might allay some of the need you feel to give this advice if you dig a little deeper and discover some of the folk who regularly cast a quiet eye over proceedings.

Maidsafe is a dead serious business with a tonne of experience beyond just the public facing folk you see here on forum.

I would love to give them my thoughts like you’ve done, but I genuinely don’t see how many of us could help there, those board and/or advisory meetings have some extremely strong and successful minds in them.

In the end they’ll make the decisions financial or otherwise based on their experience, the rest of us are just cheerleaders on the business side of things in the end.

Not a shut down just a prompt to go digging if you get some time, might help your frame of reference a tad :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@neo well I wanted to be frank and just lay down the facts as I saw them, but I didn’t mean for it to seem disrespectful and apologize if anyone took it that way.

I think the 3 posts have 3 different angles. One is people blowing up over some FUD(glad its closed.) The second I think was more intended to be humorous catharsis after the damaging first one. Mine was to look at a specific event that might be an opportunity… the same way if you thought of a piece of code that might be very useful and shared it to get feedback specifically on that.

I don’t think the conversation got negative or came out in a way I would expect would sound FUDy. We can’t just never talk about finances. Most here have become invested by buying some MAID and now our financial success has become tied to theirs, so I find it unreasonable we should never speak of it. I think the thing we need to make sure is clear is that us investors want the team to be able to buy food to eat at least as bad as they do!

@beermenow I think a wise man realizes the wisdom of the group is always going to be greater then his individually. Not saying fire those chumps that don’t know what they are doing and put me in charge. Just saying here’s my idea. take it or leave it.

Hum…

The FED maybe consider interest rate cut, why sell BTC this timing ? Is it good for team ?

P.S. QT will be end at sep

2 Likes

I’m so over the funding talk too. Do I think they should have sold majority BTC holding after a confirmed bear market or trend reversal? Yes but hindsight is 20/20 and just about every other project out there HODL’d too and a good majority have made insignificant progress or have disappeared because of it. Not to mention we’re pretty much in a confirmed bull market for the next couple of years. Anyone who has been continually calling for a major correction, a new bottom, or that this is all an elaborate bull trap has been rekt. Holding could and should expand our runway. But obviously shorten it for shorter periods of time before extending again.

@maidsafe is resilient af. They have done nothing but kick ass and solve the big unanswered engineering problems to security and decentralized networks for the last 12 years and the progress recently especially has been and continues to be the most encouraging in all of that 12 years. We have never been closer and I’ve never been more bullish. Look at the task boards, the roadmap, the github, the global team of 40 awesome folks, the media references in Silocon Valley and Ralph Breaks The Internet. The list goes on and on man.

We all want the best for Maidsafe and we want a live SAFEnetwork but Maidsafe has been nothing if not completely honest and transparent, the departures are all simpatico and we have been reassured there’s enough to get us there and now the price rise of their holdings (even if there is a 30-40% temporary correction) is more than it was a few months ago when they projected their runway.

Let’s put our money where our mouths are, spread the word, build and/or fund dapps, contribute to RFC’s, make commits on github, hell let’s trade other similar wannabe projects like Harmony Protocol and bring the sick ass gains to SAFE!
Literally anything outside of this dead and unproductive topic. :smiley:

11 Likes

I would agree with this but really I think we can stop building the runway when it is long enough for our plane to land rather then take risks to build a bigger one then necessary. Like I said earlier this is not a bitcoin investment business. Its a SAFE network making business. When we have what is needed to achieve that goal we should take it IMO.

Anyways ya I am bullish AF on this project. I would not be so interested in their finances if I didn’t have a significant amount invested in MAID. I mean at some point news is news right? If some people are interested in the financial side they are still interested in the project. There are many other threads I am sure you would enjoy if you find this topic unproductive where people discuss more technical stuff I do not have the knowledge to make a useful contribution to myself.

1 Like

Except there are always unknown unknowns in this biz. The R&D being done vastly improves projections but are no guarantee and so some extra runway can go a long way, including hiring more app devs to seed the network with official Maidsafe apps.

No but Maidsafe is a business, a “crypto” business, and holding said crypto is a business funding strategy. If anything at the end of the 2017 bull run it could have been more strategic but it’s hard fudge things up in a bull market and we are fortunate enough to have had a pretty short bear market and to make it to the other side. This is really positive news!

Hell. Yes!

Yeah and I understand that. You’re helping with what you have to offer but I think there are other productive angles where you could still use those skills. Telling other traders, raising awareness of fundamentals and how to positively trade the asset, and never sell yourself short. You may have ideas of what you’d like to see out of a DEX and if you have the means, well there are places to find hires or even bright minds here that may be willing to collaborate. I think infographics on Safecoins abilities, compared to others, etc would be cool to see. Trading is a great way to get money. Money can get you things. Think about whatcha want :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

To me the priority is reaching a MVP phase and after that the business will be making profits and can invest more into the further branching out of the tree.

Ya but on one hand they are like don’t worry about the crypto and focus on development. I think that’s a great idea but you can’t hold crypto as a significant portion of your funds to get the development done and just not worry about it. I don’t think it’s a bad idea either to maybe worry about it more and have someone whos entire job is to trade the crypto and generate more funding. If they don’t want to play that game then GTFO and focus on dev only.

trust me I am not that 1 million dollar buy order guy that poped up on polo tonight. I did at least start making enough trading to quit my dayjob but I am not any more rich then like an average person that lives in farm country (which is much lower then city people lol)

Dirvine already said, that they hold MAID, Bitcoins and fiat and all funds spending base on needs.

They do it well, because since ICO, they got more than they sold MAID and shares of MaidSafe.

If they would take less risky way they have to deal with another fundings already.

3 Likes

yes the value of their holdings went up, but so did basically all of crypto since then. What I don’t get is why they didn’t exit at 20k or maybe 15k when the trend reversal was clear. Instead the HODLed right down to 4k. That does not strike me as “doing it well.” Now I am not saying they are stupid, just I don’t think they focus much effort on analyzing the market. In fact they have said their strategy is to assume BTC will be worth X by Y date. That’s better then totally random, but I don’t think it performs as well as looking at what the market is doing today. Someone mentioned earlier the best way is to assume you are all in fiat, now would you buy BTC at these prices? If the answer is no you should sell. I don’t think they are asking that question though. I just wanted to point out it looks like another chance to exit high is coming up. Lets not miss the boat this time!

How about you allow the company’s management to decide what is best and when? Do you believe that they lack the competence to make wise financial decisions regarding the future of this project? I am amazed how we keep shooting ourselves in the foot, wasting the management’s and developers’ time, and lowering the morale for everyone when @dirvine, et al are ready to carry this project over the finish line and he has asked you to stop. This nonsense is not helpful to the success of the project, although I recognize that spreading FUD can be beneficial to some of the traders here.

2 Likes

I think their performance at trading could be better. But they are not professional crypto traders so I don’t hold that against them. I am sure their performance is better then mine at like coding and stuff lol. Anyways I really don’t see how it is FUD to say there is a great opportunity to secure lots of funding right now. Is ever talking about anything financial at all automatically FUD?

I think by now the point of the opening post has been clarified enough, feedback has been given.

Please resist posting more unless it is something new and constructive.

3 Likes

ya just close it if you want. I think I will just stop responding here since it is indeed getting unconstructive.

2 Likes

If they hadn’t stuck to their strategy, we wouldn’t be here today. The crowdsale funds raised have been spent and there is still money in the kitty. Well done to management.

3 Likes