Desktop Wallpapers

Hey @SalvorinFex - I actually meant to let you know, last week I was giving a talk up in Aberdeen and I was used this one in a presentation (Desktop Wallpapers - #69 by SalvorinFex). Love them, as @SarahPentland says - please keep them coming! :smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging words, I Really appreciate that.
I am impressed that there’s been such a positive response to these and it brightens my day with great comments like these.

Thank you to everyone that has commented and Liked my wallpapers, I am glad to be able to contribute to this project in my own small way.

8 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

OH alright, I can see what hits me as a good option for these.

Thanks @neo

Just to be sure, do you have licences to use these pictures for your wallpapers?

I have tried to make sure that these aren’t under any copyright, for example no name associated with them, and just generic file names.

Remember, unless explicitly stated as copyleft or with creative commons, the default mode is to be copyrighted, regardless of having a generic name or not.

Just ask @nicklambert if you can use these pictures ( About Us | MaidSafe ) for the purpose of wallpapers.

Actually I did ask by writing that

1 Like

My concern is not with MaidSafe but with the authors of the stock photos.

Maidsafe will know whether they can be used or not. This is why @nicklambert is the one to ask.

My understanding is that these wallpapers by @SalvorinFex is an individual effort, and that he is googling the images. That’s why I wanted to warn him of potential issues it may arise.

As long as Nick hasn’t used SalvorinFex’s creations as official MaidSafe’s wallpaper, Nick wouldn’t need to be bothered.

Chicken & Egg. You need to ask Nick anyhow, either to ask if allowed to use OR if he is going to officially use the wallpaper created from those images + if that created wallpaper is copyright or not (by Maidsafe).

I don’t see a problem, certainly everything in our assets folder is fine to use. The pics of staff may be up to the staff members, I cannot see anyone complain but we did not ask for copyright on those pics from the staff. We could do that, perhaps @victoria could do a check next week though?

2 Likes

That’s a good point. Best to source non-copyrighted images from creativecommons.org or similar. Stockup Stock Up: Instantly Search 25,000+ Free Stock Photos is a site that indexes a lot of free images.

1 Like

Howdy Folks,

I have started doing image searches on some of these and found many of them on Wallpaper sites and with and without attribution; such as “unknown author”. I am pretty sure the ‘unknown’ author ones are safe, from what I have read, but I would like some sort of determination from official people to see what they want to do about these.

I am proud of these creations but I don’t want MaidSafe to run afoul of any copyright issues.

3 Likes

Dude, chill out, this one for example: Desktop Wallpapers - #76 by SalvorinFex
is part of this Freebie collection: freebiesgallery.com so your “100%” is pure rubbish!

1 Like

I’ve just checked 5 at random on tineye.com and they all look to be copyright-free so far … phew

4 Likes

Thank you Sir, I appreciate that, I will try some more there.

2 Likes