#DeleteFacebook Can we jump on this hashtag and promote the SAFENet?

2 Likes

That would be great once the SAFE network is hosting a viable alternative to Facebook. Ahead of that, would there be much benefit?

7 Likes

Jump on it. Add #InternetBillOfRights. Tweet @ other luminaries, e.g. Assange, Snowden, etc. and reply to their tweets and RTs. Snowden has been going after Facebook hard the last few days promoting Tails and DuckDuckGo. I think Assange’s case is a bit more clear, but Snowden may not be the bleachy white hat we think in the end. A convenient and curious heart attack for the founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Freedom of the Press Foundation John Perry Barlow last month seems related. Anyone near that Secure Drop whistle-blowing software seems to die… Hopefully, Snowden will come around if he hasn’t already. KimDotCom is dropping some bombs about his case as well yesterday trying to force Obama to testify since he is in NZ.

1 Like

We all just found out why the founder of whatsapp just told us all to delete facebook.

SAFEnetwork and project decorum are valuable, and can’t come soon enough.

1 Like

2 Likes

Scary how much external data Facebook has been hoovering up

4 Likes

WTF

Suddenly you realize China isn’t as crazy as you thought. I feel like reviewing all stories about china blocking internet services and paying closer attention.

remeber this from around the time of Snowdon?

I think SAFEnetwork and services built on SAFEnetwork should be listed on prism-break.org

http://theantimedia.org/elon-musk-deletes-spacex-tesla-facebook-pages/

2 Likes

We need a spaceX and Tesla website on the alpha test net.

3 Likes