Decentralized Social Network Steemit Notes 1600% Community Growth

All I ever learn from studying all of these other projects is just how superior SAFE is. Once SAFE gets going these other projects will either adapt to the SAFE network or be quickly forgotten.

I donā€™t think it has to be ā€œusā€ and ā€œthem.ā€ I think their is more value in bridging all these emerging technologies/ecosystems to become stronger by running ON TOP of SAFE. Sure there will be platforms born from SAFE (Decorum very hopeful) and that will surely bring value to the network. Although imagine the value brought into SAFE when these current platform end-users keep using the exact coin/token/site/app they have always used and the only thing they may notice is they are getting their needs met easier/faster/cheaper/SAFEr.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been following and researching about Steemit and Safe network for the past 1 week. I agree SAFE is more superior compared to Steem in terms of utility-wise. However, Steem can be a good platform to push up many other cryptocurrencies. And SAFE will be one of them to benefit if the opportunity arises.

But Steem is a project with very high potential. If social network sites start adopting Steemā€™s idea, I guess its another step forward for the future of cryptocurrency. Thereā€™re many people in the world who still have no idea what cryptocurrency is, furthermore Bitcoin or other altcoins. Steemit, if given enough popularity over time, will propel the awareness. For the SAFE network, the adopting will take a slightly longer time, the devs might just need to work harder on PR. In short, Steemit will attract the general public unexposed to cryptocurrency yet, as of now. And SAFE will slowly come into place with the demand for secure platforms in the future. After all, its the target audience that matters when it comes to market cap.

1 Like

I am not expert but it is reedit looking website and is still a website that has reward token as it mining platform. In September synero goes into alpha which a true blockchain social media with dapp support.

2 Likes

Smartcoins Latvian translator finds her voice on SteemIt for the first time. Wow, a womanā€™s perspective on there is greatly needed. See what she decided to do for her first post My Name is Inga & STEEMERS Please Multiply Community Healing Power and Help this Amazing Little Fighter! ā€” Steemit

I would like to introduce you to Zariah because I think STEEMIT has an amazing power of community and is ready to UPVOTE to show how we can multiply community healing power and help this amazing little Fighter!

Just a little note about steemit. It doesnā€™t host things like movies and pics itself but rather just links to them. This means itā€™s dependent on third party hosting for these services. Can anyone think of how a decentralized anonymous file hosting service might come in handy here?

5 Likes

I believe they are integrating IPFS for the momentā€¦

Well IPFS has been built already. Maidsafe will have a better shot at integration once itā€™s actually completed and relesed.

1 Like