Decentralized Social Network Steemit Notes 1600% Community Growth

I also noticed this but if they can find the coders etc willing to invest their time…
I currently have no stake in one of their projects but always followed it somewhat and I’m using the exchange somethimes of course…

I think the major point of the OP was there is a strong market to build decentralised social solutions for people. The SAFE community should follow these breakthroughs closely because it will allow us to catapult even faster out of the gates.

6 Likes

Do you have a link for that?

There are a few threads in the BTS forum discussing it.

I requested a link, with all due respect.

I wade through a lot of things regarding a few projects and at times think that it is easier if the ones making statements provide the backup rather than me trying to find the support.

I thank you in advance.

If you can’t, then that is cool too.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: SAFE Network - TEST 6

Hi, I’ve tried to explain SAFE Network on Steemit blog platform.
What do you think about it?

5 Likes

Nice, I’ll upvote when I’m there… I believe there was also somebody else who did a post about maidsafe I saw yesterday orso… I’ll take a look at it little later.

1 Like

Neil Haran actually plugged the Safe Network in his intro post. He is a bitshares guy drumming up support for his next project (which, disclaimer, I think is worthy of support) but I was surprised to see his video. Worth a check…

4 Likes

I’ve just noticed this as it’s gone up 2000% in the last week or so! Someone ask my opinion on it, so I thought I better give it a closer look. Seems new coins get rewarded to how many upvotes you get on their social media platform. I’m not sure how this works under the hood, but I suppose if it does work it is a great way to get none techy / crypto people introduced to the crypto-currency world.

What do you guys think? I’d thought I’d ask as this would be an obvious app to be created on Maidsafe.

I’m more interested in the decentralised alternative Synereo. Steemit is a centralised website. It is interesting to see the kind of content that is popular on it though, so far mostly posts about Steemit and female travel bloggers. Synereo on the other hand is more like maidsafe, decentralised and will be a social network that rewards people for their content a bit like steemit.

2 Likes

@matt608, Steem is not centralized. All steem posts and account info is stored on the blockchain. The centralized steemit web site is just a front-end for reading and interacting with the blockchain. Already, there is an ios app created that independently works with the steem blockchain independent of steemit. So this proves that steem is decentralized as far reliance on a certain application goes. It’s debatable whether the 100 elected steem witnesses could form a cabal or be subject to takeover/attack, but the steemit web site is not the same as steem itself.

1 Like

What I’m wondering is could steem run on the SAFE network? And right now one requires Facebook or Reddit in order to join so I’m wondering if there could be a decentralized option, perhaps even intergrating the SAFE login API, for registration purposes.

Hopefully that will be Project Decorum.

2 Likes

All I ever learn from studying all of these other projects is just how superior SAFE is. Once SAFE gets going these other projects will either adapt to the SAFE network or be quickly forgotten.

I don’t think it has to be “us” and “them.” I think their is more value in bridging all these emerging technologies/ecosystems to become stronger by running ON TOP of SAFE. Sure there will be platforms born from SAFE (Decorum very hopeful) and that will surely bring value to the network. Although imagine the value brought into SAFE when these current platform end-users keep using the exact coin/token/site/app they have always used and the only thing they may notice is they are getting their needs met easier/faster/cheaper/SAFEr.

2 Likes

I’ve been following and researching about Steemit and Safe network for the past 1 week. I agree SAFE is more superior compared to Steem in terms of utility-wise. However, Steem can be a good platform to push up many other cryptocurrencies. And SAFE will be one of them to benefit if the opportunity arises.

But Steem is a project with very high potential. If social network sites start adopting Steem’s idea, I guess its another step forward for the future of cryptocurrency. There’re many people in the world who still have no idea what cryptocurrency is, furthermore Bitcoin or other altcoins. Steemit, if given enough popularity over time, will propel the awareness. For the SAFE network, the adopting will take a slightly longer time, the devs might just need to work harder on PR. In short, Steemit will attract the general public unexposed to cryptocurrency yet, as of now. And SAFE will slowly come into place with the demand for secure platforms in the future. After all, its the target audience that matters when it comes to market cap.

1 Like

I am not expert but it is reedit looking website and is still a website that has reward token as it mining platform. In September synero goes into alpha which a true blockchain social media with dapp support.

2 Likes

Smartcoins Latvian translator finds her voice on SteemIt for the first time. Wow, a woman’s perspective on there is greatly needed. See what she decided to do for her first post My Name is Inga & STEEMERS Please Multiply Community Healing Power and Help this Amazing Little Fighter! — Steemit

I would like to introduce you to Zariah because I think STEEMIT has an amazing power of community and is ready to UPVOTE to show how we can multiply community healing power and help this amazing little Fighter!

Just a little note about steemit. It doesn’t host things like movies and pics itself but rather just links to them. This means it’s dependent on third party hosting for these services. Can anyone think of how a decentralized anonymous file hosting service might come in handy here?

5 Likes