Decentralised technology can support decentralisation as a movement

My relatives had to make a run for it, but that was back in the days of Robert the Bruce as we were somewhat related.

3 Likes

My forefather, William Irvine was the Bruce’s General (responsible for the battle strategy). He later went to Ireland to “get rid of the English” along with the Bruce’s brother.

What apparently actually transpired was Edward Bruce was a tyrant and slaughtered loads of innocent people. Ireland was split and many were happy under English rule and considered it more a partnership, so “getting rid of the English” really meant, “stealing the crown of Ireland”. This is where some Scots were in fact on the wrong side of morality, by a long shot. Evil and greedy, so it seems them getting slaughtered was justice. Humans eh :wink:

When the Scots were eventually defeated apparently most of Ireland cheered, Well this is how a BBC documentary reported on it, I would not be surprised if it were true. Good and bad everywhere.

I was asked to represent the clann at Dumfries a few years back and was given the family tree, it goes back to Nial of the Nine Hostages (high king of Ireland) and showed us coming to Scotland in circa 460BC.

3 Likes

You have 2000 years on me - on my fathers side at least. The Flemings arrived in Kirkintilloch around 1450CE from Flanders
On my mothers side however , my cousin had DNA tested and its very good match for samples taken from Strathnaver and dated around 3000 BCE.

But even the Bronze age folk living beside the Naver 5000 years ago must have come from somewhere so we are ALL immigrants really. Something Farage and his kind conveniently forget.

3 Likes

This explains a lot David. :wink: I don’t have an equivalent claim, well I do but it isn’t credible IMO. My Welsh heritage is as interesting to me and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the places my forbears lived, were born, Christened, married, and were buried. So many fascinating stories and insights into the people and their very different lives. Very humbling and inspiring. Just standing on the spot where a particular couple married long ago, was profound that was just one small moment in a rich journey.

I have a family tree which I verified to a farm at the end of a valley in Wales to Richard Hughes and Catharine Tudor (yes, that lot :smile: I visited the valley and the farm researching this - wonderful folk along the valley all pleased to confirm details and tell me stories, and pull goodies out that belonged to my ancestors). Then purportedly (but I strongly suspect made up) all the way to Owain Glyndŵr.

I’m not aware of my Scottish ancestry but it is surely there because we are all related. One day!

I’m not sure if that means I’m not English Willie, but a Welsh immigrant. We’re all a blend I think.

2 Likes

We`re Ah Jock thampsons bairns, look it up! The minister who started that was in dailly abt 3 miles from where I live (which is the most remote village in Ayrshire). To me history means nothing, but the generosity of today’s people matters.

We need to make a stand for honesty somewhere.

Life is tough and the honest folk with integrity need to be granite these days.English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish, we all share a history and a different way of life and thank god, however none of us should ever rule over the other.

I believe in, and always have, people. I firmly believe that good prevails and SAFE will be a testament to that, I am sure.

As I started I will finish
We’re Ah Jock Thamspons bairns

2 Likes