Decentralised MMORPG on the SAFE network

This thread re-ignited something I thought would be really cool. Fair warning, I’m going off the deep end…

In every MMO game I’ve played, you have to login to their server. Then it dawned on me, we are already in the SAFE server. Most of the abilities provided by a server is at our fingertips. This is really mind blowing stuff!

Based on concepts from this thread: The essense of SAFE apps. A user can use Apps to “create” their own virtual house, virtual avatar… virtual anything. Here’s where I go off the deep end…

What if we starting using SAFE like a Virtual Reality Network. It might be hard for some to conceive right now so I’ll give an example. When I login to the SAFE Network, I immediately see my virtual house (2D/3D). Most likely 2D for easy implementation.

• It has a mail box, letting me know if I have any text messages waiting.
  • It has a sign on my door, letting others know if I’m home (online/offline).
  • Inside there is a virtual phone I can use to dial a friend for real voice communications.
  • Inside there is a TV that expands full screen for a VOIP chat session or stream movies.

I could go on with many more examples. The point is, this interface very much like an MMO game but it provides real world utility for ALL online interactions (business, personal, social).

This interface is so intuitive and simple, even a kid can do it!

Every App can be linked to a virtual object which provides functionality/decoration/entertainment. And if you upgraded to a better phone App, it will reflect the upgraded image. It’s a living, breathing, evolving virtual world.

Instead of having a list of thumbnail Apps, you intuitively click the objects. And best of all, this virtual reality has no server limitation.

I imagine going to a friends SAFE house, and literally knocking on their door. And if they answered the door, I’d asked them to help me go slay some monster at this location. That would be so cool!

If Apps are stored on the SAFE Network, could my friend click on my phone and use it? I think my mind just exploded.

7 Likes