David Irvine @ DigitalScotland 2019

52 Likes

Face for radio right enough :smiley:

12 Likes

But no the jaiket…

Can we crowd fund some saddle soap so it doesn’t creak as much?

12 Likes

The jacket is famous, I just tag along :smiley:

26 Likes

Did I hear that right?

“2 months whin it’s likely tae be released in beta?” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tada:

5 Likes

I think it was indicating they’ll have an idea around then when an initial Beta Network would be on the cards.

That would be mind blowing if they were able to share it at that time. But I guess as always remaining cautiously optimistic and supportive no matter what seems to make the most sense still.

10 Likes

I was just joking :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Concise and clear answers, very nice! I think I’m getting better at understanding Scottish also! :sweat_smile:

Btw, I always find that when talking about the inventions, there’s a grey scale of what would constitute an “invention”. There are some other stuff that I haven’t seen out in the wild, that seem complicated and time consuming to get right:

• Farming rewards / network economy (How to have it resilient and sustainable).
  • Client side access control. (How to definitely control what can be done by the apps).

(Maybe something else as well from the currently unsolved questions?)

I kind of consider these two things “inventions” as well, if the prerequisite is that it hasn’t been done before. And I would be inclined to add “major” in front of them as they are both essential and in my estimation will take a lot of effort to get right. But, it’s a gray scale. Maybe it’s useful to rate these things in other terms.

10 Likes

I agree, the thing here is there are many options, it is not like we could not come up with a simple scheme (we will release a simple one) but the final one will b e (I hope ) a large collaborative “invention” if you like, but more a test/tweak as opposed to “how can we logon to a network with no server”, or “how can we get ABFT” and so on. I always think invention is weird when thinking of discovery as well. We could discover the best algo through test and feedback, but we could have invented the right one to start with? Plus almost all inventions need tweaked in real life to actually work (as we know here in SAFE :smiley: :smiley: )

11 Likes

Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication. Thanks for keepin’ it simple and to the point. Great vid! Also I would like one of those bullet proof vests you guys are workin’ on. I had to have a good laugh at the way David described the adoption of SAFE while runnin’ from bullets, hahaha!

4 Likes

I think the bullet proof vest is such a fitting analogy. Loved the vid :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Agreed! Definitely a really clear and exciting update! :smile:

4 Likes

I think, at least at first, some people are going to need to get sold the use case. That’s what I plan to do when my MAID=SAFEcoin=a datacenter of storage. I am not gonna just sell the coin. I am going to reach out to organizations that could benefit from the technology and just sell them a solution. I do agree that once adoption reaches a critical level most will just be like “oh I know what that’s all about, so I am just gonna do it myself.” But I think in the early days there will be money to be made holding peoples hand a bit.

5 Likes

Firmly agree to this. There’s a lot of work to do both building awareness and educating—before and after The Network launches.

6 Likes