Dash - Private Digital Currency

A good way to compare SAFE to the Block-chain is to not compare them at all. Realize that one is not better than the other. But, instead understand that they are two totally different technologies that accomplish completely different tasks. The Blockiichain is nothing more than a ledger system, while SAFE is protocol for a serverless, cryptographicaly secured, decentralized computer network, that happens to have a ledgerless crypotographic currency with almost limitless transaction speeds.

6 Likes

For an excellent medium of exchange, you don’t really want ordinality; for the sake of freedom and censorship resistence. You want to know that you have an M1 currency that is part of a more or less finite set, and that what you have has not been stolen or forged. Will the safecoin protocol really be able to guarantee this. I half not seen any “whitepaper” on how this will be accomplished. Have I missed it?
Secondly, the ultimate success of MAIDSAFE depends on deduplication. Have the testnets so far confirmed this phenomenon being actualised, and at what ratio?

2 Likes

Last I heard there was no time mechanism built into the maidsafe protocol which I think is necessary to run a btc node. So a node on the safenetwork may need a special layer.
There will certainly be exchanges built on maidsafe that work seamlessly with all other crypto currencies. That would make mixing services designed on the safenetwork a no brainer. Looking at the Dash history I would caution against getting in at its peak.

But there is no doubt the DASH community is getting stronger everyday. And with the addition of DASH to the JAXX wallet it is quite likely to see far more real world transactions to support its speculative value. That said I see the biggest opportunity coming from Maid but never put all your bets on one horse.

1 Like

I guess one could put the blockchain on the safenet, that would be super useful. imagine the reduction of wasted space through deduplication! but yeah that has probably been said a thousand times already :wink:

2 Likes