Crowdfunding (Crowd Founding) Safe Applications

It is still in a very early user format, all command line, but voting is now possible.

GitHub - safex/vote: voting module for SafeExchangeCoin holders

The poll module takes a base64 private key that then allows you to
form a poll which is printed out in your home folder to a directory
called make_polls

Then you can share this file, and using the vote module you can put
the path to that .poll file. This way you can import your private key
and sign a vote based on the choices from the poll. The Voter then
generates a vote file.

Next steps is the validation so that you can feed a poll file, and
all the vote files and extract an answer that is validated against the
hashes, signatures, and public keys, along with the amount.

Included is a base64 bitcoin key generator; this is in an early state and we will continue to develop on it.

Note: this can be used to form a poll using any of the omni coins,
through indicating the Smart Property parameter. MAID = “3” and SEC =
“56”

2 Likes

Tons of fantastic ideas here. Imo these types of entities are the future of big business in the world. Millions or even billions of equity holders. Keep up the great work everyone.

The one idea I don’t see a necessity for in the Safe Network is doing another blockchain altcoin. If a blockchain is needed, we might as well use Bitcoin over Safe, which is great combination anyway.

1 Like

If we are to do smart contracts on safe, and we will need to, in order to do ownership voting, dividend payments, etc. then we will need some kind of registry. Until we have smart contracts we are limited to building Distributed Organizations with people making decisions at key places. But when we have them we can build true Distributed Autonomous Organizations. At least that is how I see it. Please help me see differently if I’m off on this line of thinking.

I’m trying my best to dig into this, but I’m no expert in these things by any means. My career has to this point been server backend, web front-end apps. Until safe, crypto was something I was fascinated with but never dug into the deep workings. Now I’m learning more and more and I know I’ve got a ton of homework in order to learn all I possibly can.

The nice thing about an on-demand workforce is there are opportunities for experts to partner up with non-experts and it’s a win-win for everyone.

1 Like

I’m not ready to give up on @dirvine and the team yet in regards to PtD.

That being said, I’ve also been thinking of different business models if PtD doesn’t work and would like the community’s input. I’m thinking through different scenarios and trying to find a fair way to pay both the developers and the investors through a dividend style payment with the hub. If PtD doesn’t work then the new requirement would be that the hub makes a profit or produces something of value. Because the software is open source there is always the ability to fork it and lower the cost or remove the cost entirely.

The cost of using the app and ease of use needs to far outweigh the effort of spinning up another version of the app for those less technical folks. It will surely be possible and many who are technically inclined will do it.

There needs to be a real value proposition for people to pay to use the app (any app for that matter). One idea I can think of at this time is charge a minimal fee for hosting projects. I’m not happy with this. We eventually end up in a walled garden scenario and we can do better I think.

A better idea might be to offer free use of the hub tools and networking (people would pay for their own data) and the projects would give the hub (ie developers and investors) a small share in their own projects (might be possible through smart contracts). We become partners and we want their ultimate success, because their success is our success! Eventually we build quite a diverse portfolio of shares in many projects. Everyone helping everyone along the way…

Each of those apps that are built through the hub has to determine their own business model. Having a community to help determine that model is quite a valuable thing to have I think.

1 Like

I did not opine that a registry wasn’t needed, just that a Safe-native one is unnecessary when highly secure, well-established alternatives exist that can be used easily and powerfully over the encrypted Safe network.

1 Like

I am willing to put 50,000 MAID towards a coder(s) to take Ethereum’s DAO (Smart Contracts) code and get it to run on SAFE. Anyone out there up for the challenge?

4 Likes

I liked your post, but that doesn’t mean I can do it ;-). You mean everything Ethereum does? Like their virtual machine and the ability to run the exact code form their system on a virtual machine here?

1 Like

The main parts I am interested in is the Contract writing for crowd fund terms and then the DAO to enforce the sale contract and run the business of the project.

https://ethereum.gitbooks.io/frontier-guide/content/contract_crowdfunder.html

https://ethereum.gitbooks.io/frontier-guide/content/contract_democracy.html

Replicating this Decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) | ethereum.org would encompass anything and everything I would want in building a crowd funding DAO for future SAFE projects. It seems with no transaction costs and other unique features to SAFE, running something like “Ethereum Wallet” may be easier?

4 Likes

I think that what Ethereum has done with solidity and the virtual machine instructions are very reusable pieces as a start. I wish that I was more familiar with Ethereum but it seems to me that the rest would have to be re-thought from the ground up with a SAFE back end in mind. I also wish that there was a better answer for getting data onto the chain than “Use an Oracle” which introduces trust back into the system. Augur is addressing this with REP in some ways but that has the speed problem.

2 Likes

How qould I use my Jaxx wallet Bitcoin address to look up the funding I have done for this project?

Some way to provide intelligence, some format for a Crowd Founding… I think of angel.co - angel list. I even attempted at convincing a team member of that company to integrate crypto coins to their platform for instant ‘securities’

If this helps with the idea of how things can go; it would be some way for projects to provide details that would lead to a possibilities of funding from a community of investors interested in making things happening.

Where connections can be made, discussions, which leads to a funding round. Some ideas…

3 Likes

@dallyshalla

I’ve pictured pieces of it at times like an open incubator…

2 Likes