Creator of the World Wide Web takes a stab at creating a decentralized web

Bring it on:

4 Likes

I was supposed to be at that meeting (if ti’s the one I think) , but @ioptio has taken up the rains here, as we are a wee bit busy :smiley:

16 Likes

Great, it’s important be in touch with influential people to make SAFE famous when it will be ready for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if the author knows about Maidsafe, but with this article he opened the door to the big dance and Maidsafe can be the star.

@ioptio is going to knock it out of the park today in San Fran.

9 Likes

Live Stream: link to be published bottom of page:

Decentralized Web Summit
Locking the Web Open
June 8‐9, 2016 | Internet Archive | San Francisco, CA
#Dwebsummit

6 Likes

The article mentions ZeroNet indirectly in a link. How does it compare to MaidSafe?

searching the forum there are a couple of threads… eg. MaidSafe's SAFE network Vs ZeroNet, FIGHT!

Here is a pretty good link to the differences…

1 Like

Thanks sprks mvanzyl !!

Really annoyed that SAFE is not mentioned. Author needs to be schooled.

9 Likes

We need them on maidsafe.

We got so many decentralized web services, but it’s not taking off as it should be.

Did not run into the author of this article at the event yesterday… but was able to chat briefly with TBL. Hope to catch him again today to talk more. We’ll see…

I’ll do a post about this event once it’s over. Pretty amazing group of people. Everyone from TBL and Van Jacobson and Corey Doctorow to creators of decentralized projects such as Bittorrent, IPFS, Freenet, Tor… very exciting!

28 Likes

Rock it, @ioptio!

So wish I could make it but will watch the live stream and all records for sure. It looks very exciting!

2 Likes

She is just of slack confirming a couple of points. Very brave lassie with loads of good info and a great crowd as well. Should be fantastic.

5 Likes

@dirvine Would you ever consider inviting Tim Berners Lee out to Troon, so he could get a closer look at what you guys have accomplished and are accomplishing?

4 Likes

If Paige gets the chance she will try and set up a meeting, I would just nip down to London/Cambridge and do that in a split second.

11 Likes

Wrong link, try this one:

6 Likes

Lol, they are brainstorming to try and create what Maidsafe has been doing for a decade…its so refreshing to be in the know on something so far ahead of the curve on things!

14 Likes

You can bet that some of those big names have signed onto an elite agenda.

4 Likes

It seems to be mostly discussions of a “how can we decentralize and keep our giant databases of data for marketing purposes?”…there are a few who recognize the personal data violations of the current web, but even fewer who want to change the existing model…

3 Likes