CopyCats now , all over?

It seems maidsafe is drawing attention mostly from people who understand us!! there have been a number of coins with the same proposition coming up!

siacoin

there is another I forget the name

and Substratum

I guess we are on the right track , right , D Irvine ?

1 Like

Are they ahead or following? Well in this market the first one would take all the glory.

1 Like

Just had a skim through the WP. It does sound very similar at first glance, but I’m not sure how censor-resistant or decentralised it really is if it is not an autonomous network. I can’t find any reference to an equivalent ‘self-authentication’ or network autonomy, so it sounds like more bold claims that don’t really stand up to scrutiny (not dug very deep and could be wrong ofc). The WP is very unsatisfying and thin though, it does not inspire confidence. Feels like it is written to enthuse investors with big claims rather than inform them with important details. Nothing with a central point of failure is really censor-resistant or secure. A network that is not autonomous will become more centralised/corrupted over time.

Tbh the idea sounds like it has some vital functionality missing.

2 Likes

Yea I went it through as well. I am not sure how they would develop it over blockchain as the website is claiming. Anyway lets wait and see.

2 Likes

The Substratum Network will bring the decentralized web worldwide without
the need of special software for the average internet user. Looks interesting.

Edit: machine learning to geolocate the right Substratum Network machine to serve up the content to the appropriate user based on geolocation. :thinking:

2 Likes

Here’s another one in the pipeline: https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/08/18/internxt-start-ico-to-decentralized-internet/

2 Likes