Contemporary Censorship: theory and practice

There are a few topics that are about censorship events happening, but so far as I can see, none discussing details on how it’s evolving and being effected by platforms and governments.

So that’s what this topic is for.

I will open with James Corbett’s new video - which you won’t find on youtube (as he explains):

1 Like

It may not be for this topic, but I would like to see a comprehensive list of news outlets and that have been blocked in various countries, including my own, since the war in Ukraine started. Is anybody aware of such a list?

E.g. blocking the main Russian TV channels is pure madness to me, as it means most people outside of Russia have no idea of what the Russian public is being fed. I circumvent the blocks as best I can, but most don’t.

2 Likes

I will keep my eyes open for such a list. Haven’t come across one yet though.

1 Like

Recent Tim Pool show excerpt – a discussion of fake wikipedia entries being used to defame - which is in itself a form of censorship.

Two thirds of the way through the video, the set of the show is “swatted”, which is another form of psychological attack - an attempt to threaten the crew of the show - another form of censorship.

1 Like

This is an unscientific test, but results are interesting I think.

2 Likes

Tim Castle on foreign funding of the left for anti-fossil fuel and trying to call it extreamism. The notion that fossil fuel profit (pure damn corporate welfare transfer payment that it is) is allowed to continue is the extremism.

This is some of the dumbest sht I’ve ever seen- fossil fuels especially natural gas are about foisting literal slavery on the public. You have to be a f-ing moron to be pro natural gas! We should be prosecuting the cons from Enron and the cons in the Bush admin that perpetrated 911 to foist the natural gas scam. That garbage has hollowed out our financial sector and our public sector and we have a bribery based media and legislature to protect this idiot attempt to replace our democracy with oligarchic slavery based on the ponzi ‘energy’ peonage scam known as natural gas. You could say 911 and Iraq 2 were distractions to keep us from restoring our justice system and prosecuting this con job coup. The average American is set to pay on the order of 100,000x too much over the span of their life for a totally unnecessary dirty poisonous backwards totally obsolete so called ‘energy’ source in fossil fuels and this is designed to enforce ‘energy’ peonage while at the same time destroying the security of the country because it will never ever compete on cost of goods with zero marginal cost essentially free green energy which other countries are taking up instead and which we could have had long ago- tons of stuff suppressed like Thorium that we could have had long ago- could have and should have had 50 years ago. Instead of $10 in Thorium or a similar ever cheaper suppressed option or battery backed solar which will go to 1/10 cent a kwh and dropping- natural gas would have people paying 1.2 million or so in todays dollars over an average life span with every cent of that backed up with might as well be incarcerated in an open air private prison in involutary toil equivalent to every waking second of 16 years for the average person- energy peonage driving generational debt and the hollowing of the society and its people designed to do nothing but treadmill and cannon fodder them and their children.

Fossil fuel ‘investment’ needs to be a felony. We need to yank the charters of these fossil fuel companies- nationalize them- zero out their share holders- and make the oligarchs behind them pay to rip out the infrastructure especially natural gas. We also don’t want these damn rent seekers ever having anything to do with energy again- energy rent seeking needs to be illegal- even attempting or trying to promote it needs to be the most serious crime with the most serious penalties- any politician that tries it needs the full penalty under the most strict liabilty kind of law- try to push or glorify slavery and you bury yourself period.

And as far as their little shills in the media and organized for profit social media paid lie entities- knowingly misleading the public about the public interest for profit or personal gain needs to result in total asset forfeiture and life in solitary.

The civil war started because the idiot South was having trouble enslaving everyone including the whites because the democracy in the North set a counter example so they attacked North to try to kill the democracy- toodamn lazy to do their own work had to try to turn others into property and claim their elite liesure justified it. This is the same ideology and the same type of motivation coming from some of the same quarters with the same right to exploit or convert people into property. Wanting to spread fossil fuels is the same crap as the South insisting on spreading slavery its another idiot enclosure movement that tries to pen people like animals. Paying fot energy in this automated world powered by the sun it billions of times more than we need is as dumb as pay huge completely life spoling fees to breath air.

They do the same thing as slavery with the same intent when they set up a natural has plant and then think they will be allowed and entitled to charge more and more per kwh each year until were well above $1 a khw when we should be down to 1/10 cent a kwh and dropping right now.
And they take massive subsidies beyond that for their ponzi- they don’t even self insure, and their ponzi is taking up a bunch of the massively increased pentagon spending and their crap bribery and duress based coerced regular purchasing of their crap stocks and fraudlent derivatives by pensions and health-insurance-life-auto-property insurance to prop their crap stocks which are constantly collapsing and their corruption of mortgages by bundling in their fraudulent stranded asset derrivatives and trying to tie the programmed ponzi collapse to bail-ins…the p.o.s. unnecessary fossil fuel industry has completely corrupted the US state and the solution is bringing back criminal justice and ending legalized bribery and ending bribery based media- we don’t need paid liars- it sure as hell isn’t entertainment its the low road to slavery. Formal slavery in the US beyond our idiot wage slavery only ended around 1950- fossil fuels are a super lean proposition hollow you out at scale energy source from the slavery era. The world doesn’t need this sht and it sure as hell isn’t willing to continue to pay for it- we are drowning in enegy. We can look to a handfull of the dumber kind of billionaires that sold us this con behind the scenes. Its time to restore democracy and clean up this criminality.

2 Likes

Much better use of paragraphs, @Warren.
Still some way to go though, however I predict that more of us may now attempt to scale your previously intimidating walls of text to find the jewels hidden therein. :grinning:

4 Likes

NewsGuard is a “fact-check” organization, controlled by warmongers and so used to silence their critics.

Pentagon-Backed “Newsguard” Threatening YouTube’s Anti-War Voices

1 Like

Jimmy Dore has been doing excellent coverage of censorship.

PayPal Blocks Payments To Anti-War Voices

1 Like

In a prelude to the Biden admin’s announcement of the creation of a new ministry of truth under the DHS, Barack Obama gave this nice little speech (with much commentary by Jimmy Dore):

1 Like

One major key to effective censorship is an effective alternative narrative (propaganda). Understanding how good propaganda works is hence important in being able to challenge those narratives - and to create the desire to seek out alternative (censored) information.

1 Like

they dared to deviate from the “Ukraine good - Russia baaaad” narrative.

If Ukraine’s cause is so effing excellent, why are they so scared of an alternative PoV?

1 Like

2 Likes

THe above wasa self-censored because the Ukrainian nazi-sympathisers got extremely upset at me deviating from the liberal wanker group-think as dictated to them by our self-chosen betters.

And I’d like to continue to be part of this community despite the preponderence of passive-aggressive “freedom” lovers. But only if its an approved form of “freedom”.

1 Like

I don’t understand the argument against Ukraine. Regardless of what you think of them as people, they were still attacked without provocation. It’s not like Putin is any better of a person.

1 Like

Ah the Big Lie gets trotted out again.

Who are you to say Putin is any better or worse of a person. He is a leader who recognised an existential threat to his perople, tried seven years of diplomacy and was finally forced to act before Russia was totally surrounded by US bases.

Meanwhile you and the rest of the sheep blindly follow along, tugged by the chains in your noses by the bankers and their ilk.
You whine about “freedom” but are the first to give it up when the MIC call on you to hate thwe latest bogeyman who might just be a threat to their hegemony.

The Ukrainians are simply puppets of the West, led by incompetent corrupt Nazi-loving imbeciles who cannot see the Yanks will fight the Russians until the last Ukrainian.
You havent heard much from the Donbass recently, have you? Thats cos there is no good news for the Ukrainians coming out of the Donbass,
And the only thing coming out of Azovstal will be fascist corpses. Some partially eaten.

You want to stand beside Soros? Carry on waving your pathetic blue and yellow fascist flag.

Lol. What threat exactly? You think NATO was going to attack Russia without provocation? Ridiculous. In any case, NATO already has direct access to Russia through the Balkins, and they are closer to Moscow, so not sure how any of that stands up to even the most basic of logical scrutiny. Meanwhile, Finland and Sweden are now joining NATO, so seems like a horrible backfire on Putin’s part.

4 Likes

Goodness sake man.

No-one minds you having a different opinion on Ukraine. You just seem incapable of expressing it without being anti-semitic.

2 Likes

Please explain exactly what was “anti-semitic” in any of those statements.

I like you Jim, but sometimes you see things that just are not there.