As we all know the SAFE Network will be a natural expanding universe, which will enable devs to turn ideas into stuff that really matters to the world.
Sorry that I say this but I feel like the SAFE Network and the first third party SAFE app (SAFEx) are really under valued. I also have to be honest, why I think that it is this way. I think it’s primarily marketing. I will admit that we don’t really got easy setups to do crowdfunding right now. At the moment when you want to do a crowdsale you use a bitcoin 2.0 platform like Counterparty, Omni or even Coinprism to create your token and start selling. Even worse your crowd got to understand how to work with a wallet, privatekey and how to manage it all. This is not easy especially not for the newbies. Let’s just say that it’s a complete mess to do a crowdsales before the SAFE Network. When the SAFE Network is up and running, it’ll get easier to do a crowdsales. Because by that time you’ll just create a structured data on SAFEx and hopefully be able to except your token in the SAFEx wallet. Things will just be done quicker and easier.
So how do you increase the chance that your crowdsale, gets more exposure and interested people on board?
I’m not at all experienced with these things, but what seems logic to me is:
- Approach all the pro crypto magazine out there (let them write articles about your project or do it yourself and send it to them) (SAFEcoinmagazine, bitcoinmagazine, Coindesk etc)
- Above I’m saying pro crypto, but ofcourse you can also approach techy sites to do an article sites like Techcrunch, Arstechnica etc. Just have a list
- Approach all the pro crypto podcasts or shows out there and let them know about your project.
- Let people signup to be notified about your crowdsales
Preferably you want to do this weeks or months before you launch your crowdsale.
Social media might also help a little bit to promote your product
Please make a good video explaining exactly what your product does, it might be handy to also do some Google hangouts with your crew and say what your all up to.
Let there be light or led there be light
Let there be light is what GOD does, GOD suddenly let something appear. @dallyshalla did the same, he dropped a nuke on this community, but I got to admit he gave a few hints at Lifespeople and the SAFE crossroads. @dallyshalla is a code God so he can do something like that.
Led there be light is the slow process in which ordinary humans introduce a product to the world and through warning signs indicate what is coming. You know when your driving on a road and a speedbump is ahead, this is like that.
Tips for crowdfunding
Not that I’m a pro with all this and that I know what I’m talking about, but when you do a crowdsales somethings might help.
- Have all the people you approach weeks before talking about your crowdsales being LIVE
- Have a gradually decreasing incentive mechanism (first week 25%, second week 15% etc)
- Have a refferallinks, so that people participating can get others on board and get some extra coins in return for their work
- Have a share on social media button of all SM platforms
- Have somebody to answer questions when they surface
- Try to work/partner with all the exchanges out there if possible
Please don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the SAFE Network or SAFEx started out wrong. I’m just saying that our community is very small right now (other crypto communities included) so we should use all media outlets that we got at the moment, to channel our crowdsale.
For those interested, if you really want to read about launching your project check this:
I’m not promoting slock.it here, but check out there site you see
- A product video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49wHQoJxYPo
- you see a lot of websites that wrote about them
- A talk: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/the-ether-review-12-stephan-tual-slockit
- A partnership with a known exchange http://slock.it/presale.html
@whiteoutmashups sorry that I speak my mind before your crowdsale.
You and @dallyshalla are the first hero’s marching on this journey and a lot of love, respect and good luck to you bro’s
If you got limited time on your hand, maybe you want to look at the numb3r5. And only approach podcast wit a lot of listeners and websites with a lot of followers. I’m sure somebody else on this forum got more protips. Who knows this is a place to start giving eachother the job to do articles/promote crowdsales etc…
@Seneca would it be possible that if a author wrote about an article on decorum that you can inform them about the updates from within the forum? Maybe if you have something like Cyber.fund’s radar on decorum which alerts people about new SAFE Network projects it might also help, ofcourse the user would have to opt in for this feature.