Confused about storing MaidSafeCoin in Electrum?

I just recently bought some MSC on poloniex and had it transferred to a BTC address for my electrum wallet. However, I bought about 0.23 BTC worth of MSC, and it is showing in the wallet that I have 0.0273 mBTC. Shouldn’t this be about 2300 mBTC? Or does it not accurately reflect because it is MSC? Furthermore, it is only showing this balance on my watch-only wallet. The wallet on my offline machine shows a 0 balance (even after letting it connect long enough to update). What is going on?

1 Like

MAIDsafecoin is an Omni protocol token. You need to use something aware of the Omni protocol to manage the coins. You can see your balance on the block explorer https://omniexplorer.info

1 Like

Okay, but are they still safe at the BTC address? I’m planning on holding long term, so I really don’t need to spend them right away. I just want to make sure they are all there.

1 Like

Yes, as long as you hold and secure your private key you’ll be fine

1 Like

Okay, thank you! I see that they are all there from the link you gave me. And the mBTC is just the leftover BTC from the purchase. Would you happen to know what the “Confirming (5 of 6)” is on the omniexplorer site?

1 Like

That’s how many blocks deep the transaction is into the Bitcoin blockchain. 6 confirmations is considered ‘confirmed’ in Bitcoin

1 Like

Ah, okay, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.