Community1 test network 18-hour run

Restarted the network again.

I know, itā€™s getting close to 48 hours, instead of the originally planned 18. I suspect it will be another 24 hours before Testnet6.

Vault seems to be working although thereā€™s nothing in the chunk store but I canā€™t log in via the launcher now or create a new account. Was working for most of the day.

The serverā€™s acting a bit strange, so Iā€™ll reboot it.

Server malfunction, so it seems, and a maintenance ticket has been raised at the provider.

A post was merged into an existing topic: TEST5 (AKA destructive test) - is now running

hi,

yes test5 is still running, but dabbling and tweaking on the comm network does aid learning about the operational side of things while not really effecting the test network at allā€¦ given the ease involved in running the test network release vaults for instance, there isnā€™t much to be gained knowledge wise, download, untar, runā€¦

i do both, so run test and then swap over to support bluebirds comm network, hopefully this helps everyone and provides a way for me to support the progress of the systemā€¦

rup

The provider came through and gave me access in ā€œrescue modeā€ because the server was not ping-able after booting. The server is now booted on a foreign kernel and file system and I can examine my partitions, change, backup and edit them.

Almost certainly I messed something up in the networking and/or firewall. Well, thatā€™s what it is for after all, as a learning tool.

And indeed, I now have done previously unfamiliar things such as mounting volumes, tar-gzippā€™ing directory trees and then scpā€™ing them down to a local machine. Kewel!

In anticipation of Testnet6 I am rebuilding it from a stock Debian image, as the most deterministic recovery path, and then restore of data.

Apologies for the inconvenience, people. Community1 shall return after Testnet6 ā€œbigger and badderā€ than ever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes