As test net 12b now appears to be fast, supports both public and private data and seems pretty stable, is it already surpassing Freenet? Controversial, I know…
I know safenet is unfinished and this is an unofficial test net, but bear with me. Key features of test net 12b:
- Encrypted private data storage.
- Encrypted data transit with IP scrubbing for secure routing.
- Public data storage and retrieval.
- Data caching for popular data.
- Distributed, anonymous, DNS.
- Distributed replacement for SSL certification with secure transit.
The list goes on…
It just struck me that while we are waiting for the perfect, finished, product, we already have something very cool. Alpha 2 should already have many good use cases.