Community polls [New poll 12/11/2019]

Hi guys,

I was thinking it can be cool to have a thread with community polls. I want to know more about the community. Here is a list of polls to know more about us!

What is your gender?

• Male
  • Female
  • Other

0 voters

How old are you?

• Less than 18
  • 18 to 25
  • 26 to 30
  • 31 to 50
  • More than 50

0 voters

Where are you living currently?

• Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • North America
  • South America
  • Antarctica
  • Australia

0 voters

What is your dominant background?

• Tech/IT/Engineering
  • Marketing/Sale
  • Finance/Accounting
  • Other

0 voters

When did you discovered Maidsafe for the first time?

• Before 2014 (OG)
  • 2014 to 2016
  • 2017 to 2019

0 voters

Do you own Maidsafecoins?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do your own any other coin/token?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What is your dominant feeling about the project?

• I am optimistic
  • I am neutral
  • I am pessimistic

0 voters

Based on your knowledge of the project, when do you think a fully functional testnet will be ready?

• In less than 4 months
  • 4 to 8 months
  • 9 to 12 months
  • More than 12 months

0 voters

[New poll 12/11/2019] How many $MAID do you own?

• Less than 10,000
  • 10,000 to 40,000
  • 40,001 to 80,000
  • 80,001 to 90,000
  • More than 90,000

0 voters

New polls will maybe be added to this thread later.

EDIT: 7 voters already :fire: :fire: , only male :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT2: Not even one women? We have to change this guys

EDIT3: 50% 31 to 50 y old, please invite your children’s :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT4: We have one lady :+1:

13 Likes

Do you own Maidsafecoins?
NO!???

This is unacceptable! Immediately the one who doesn’t have MAID to write me a personal message to solve this problem :dragon_face:

12 Likes

The trend seems to be male, aging nerds from Europe! :rofl:

(Of which I class myself too! Ha!)

10 Likes

Would you say that this forum is a gold mine for women? :love_letter:

7 Likes

Yes, I know why you guys are not replying after 10PM. Probably sleeping after a good evening of cheese and wine tasting. Please don’t forget to let your private keys to your kids.

3 Likes

If they are looking for

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

:wink:
h4ngqma643101

19 Likes

Nice one ahah. :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like

We need more marketing in Antarctica

2 Likes

I look every day at the forum registrations and I can tell you that there are just two women (unless you count these from MaidSafe team too)

3 Likes

I am not entitled to this opinon because I simply don’t know remotely enough to have an opinion. And I recognize that anything other than positivity under the current circumstances is blasphemy. I also recognize that there was no way to hindsight crypto coin because it was a radically serious proposition that had to command due weight and attention and it has changed the world.

But I am kind of pissed and sickened because my gut tells me the coin turned out to be a distraction ultimately that amounted to mere shift in Tax policy and it delayed this project which the world desperately needs. I get that the project is likely going to be better for this distraction but I have the sense that the consideration of the coin delayed it and put the project more at risk. And now my hunch that the raw network was a billion times more important than the coin or pay the producer schemes is only reinforced.

When I’ve expressed this before people who actually understood the project on a technical level said don’t stress about the coin its 2 lines of code that can be turned on and turned off and adjusted as needed. And that did placate me quite effectively.

I want a Wikileaks 2 with elements of Slur that will mean that no aholes could ever again get by with trying to claim they were entitled to out people who brought their corruption forward feeling entilted and cheered on by other complicits to make examples out of whistle blowers to discourage others from coming forward. Feeling their own crimes were automatically exempted and the issue should instead be the bias and intent of the person providing evidence of corruption not the crimes. There would be no ad hoc attacks about never Trumpers because a Trump would be fully doxxed and tried in the court of public opinion in a way that would overide puppet selection by a sponsor class.

I want a system that makes states fully transparent and strips them of secrecy and I see that as a precondition to privacy and retaining human rights and not an abdication of privacy even if it exposes public persons seeking the power of office to a certain loss of privacy or nakedness.

But the great thing is so many smart people aside from David, like Tim Berners Lee now get the vision. Some one has presented the light bulb and even if MaidSAFE sadly turns out not to be the one that history remembers for perfecting it, this wasn’t just compromised TOR or an IPSF or what came before, its a new internet.
And of course David has sacrificed a huge amount of personal treasure and attention.
And the thing that made me trust this project was David’s obvious ethics and his open mindedness.

So I really hope its SAFE that comes through.
Look at the origins of Bt and Etherium for contrast. Nothing against them but its not the same. Aside from SAFE and SOLID on SAFE, I hope we also get honest search. I can’t wait to start using SAFE for everything and drop Google and I can’t wait for SAFE to dumb pipe AT&T and Comcast and other firms that use our money to try to destroy freedom of speech through the captured FCC and captured congress.

3 Likes

I like what you say. But I hope you understand that without the coin this is 100% impossible. The SafeCoin will attract enough people to make the network secure…

8 Likes

Ok got it. I’ll keep the faith.

3 Likes

Agree here, the network without the coin is the “perfect world” scenario. But ultimately to drive early users and those to host user data we need an incentive. SafeCoin helps provide that ecosystem incentive. Also the fact it can be treated as store of value on network and p2p is just icing on the cake.

3 Likes

I am quite surprise by the average age on this forum. I was thinking we will have more of 18-25 and 26-30. Good to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

why be surprised? Old people are unhappy with where the world is going and we want to fix it before we leave :dragon_face:

7 Likes

We are also wise and full of sage advice… well, sometimes! :wink:

7 Likes

A new poll is available, let’s see if we have few big holders here :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the place to feel young again I guess.

EDIT: I would prefer more and better scaled age groups though. 18-25, 26-31, and then, bam, 31-50? That’s some spread, right? It creates the illusion we’re older than we may be (I pray :upside_down_face:)

Btw, who’s that one female? @Sotros25, is that you? I’ve never thought about it this way before, but women must feel really stranded here. I know @ElsieDee is another one. Thank God @Dimitar is handing out the flyers at shopping malls too.

2 Likes