Community Marketing Fund

Maybe I’m confused, I thought happybeing had said recently he wouldn’t want the responsibility of securing something.
Maybe that was a different something, or maybe I’m just confused.

1 Like

The elders can, of course, refuse to take such responsibility. Then help will be sought from the next in line :dragon:

1 Like

It’s true, I don’t want to take this on though I’m honoured that a number of people in such a great community see me as someone trustworthy for such an important task.

As well as the responsibility, I think things like this can take more time than people realise and I’d rather spend the time I have doing things that support the project in other ways.

4 Likes

@happybeing let me just say that you will only have a job if I die :wink: Ie probably your only task will be to write 12 words on a piece of paper…

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve done that now so we don’t even need the poll :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You come from the future? I haven’t even unpacked the Trezor yet :lol:

3 Likes

I’m not able to take on this role.

I don’t think the job is as simple as recovering the seed in the wake of unfortunate events. There’s decisions to be made. Community to engage with. Money to transfer. Relationships to hand over. Accounts to manage.

I feel a very clear process around recovery would allow the recovery team to avoid being put in a difficult position and avoid any lapse in judgement under potentially difficult and emotional circumstances. The recovery process should be very clear and ‘robotic’ from the start.

If the people who eventually take this on don’t demand clarity around the recovery process then I would have doubts if they’re the right ones for the job.

The community marketing fund could potentially be a great symbol and rallying point for this community. It would be sad if it came unstuck due to a simple lack of initial clarity and vision. Right now it’s fairly informal and if that’s to be kept in the future then all good, but I feel it’s potentially a recipe for trouble (and not just monetary trouble).

6 Likes

As I understand the person would just keep seed in safe place in sudden indisposition of @Dimitar, but than the community can vote for different person to take his part.
And this 2 elders would just send him seed to continue with marketing.

2 Likes

that’s right, very well described, thank you friend.

This is the only responsibility - handing over the half seed to a new person chosen by the community. Is this something you would commit to @mav?

1 Like

Sorry I was a bit unclear in my post, it’s two separate points 1) I’m not able to take on the role 2) some thoughts on doing recovery with the least potential troubles.

Chosen by the community… what if there’s disagreement at the time?

It’s potentially a lot of work for the people who have the parts for recovery. They must watch and understand the decision of who is to take over, not declare too soon, not let it drag on forever. Hopefully it’s simple and agreeable, but if it gets messy (it easily could when money is involved) there’s possibly a lot of work to decide who should get the seed.

Hopefully you can maintain the fund for its lifetime and recovery is never required. Hopefully the inflow vs outflow of funds is such that it never grows obscenely valuable. But there’s potential that the marketing fund could end up being a reasonable amount of money which can create a lot of friction in a group decision process. Add any political disagreements, historical beefs between people etc, it can get messy (marketing seems particularly prone to these factors I’ve noticed).

I feel like a community discussion now about who should next be in charge of the funds would be valuable, it takes the heat out of the moment. The decision for next-in-line can be put to a new vote every so often (maybe once a year). Then if the seed needs to be recovered it’s already decided where to send the parts.

It seems natural to me that the marketing activities from this fund would be done by more than one person. This provides some redundancy for the accounts and relationships etc to reduce the risk of them being unrecoverable (similar to the funds). Could these people hold the recovery parts for the funds? Could one of these people also be the next in line to control the funds?

Just trying to find ways to make the transition as clear and smooth as possible. If the activities arising from the funds are redundant, it seems reasonable to link that redundancy to the recovery of funds.

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment!

All these things that you say are so and will be solved in the process of the network development. There are too many unknowns at the moment to make a complex system now.

It is important that the things start. There is a fund because there are people who want to donate.

At the moment the fund needs people who can restore it if something happens tomorrow. We don’t need the system to stay the way it is now, so we don’t need to change it right away.

There is currently only about $4500 ($3300 MAID + $1000 Hex + some euro) in the fund and so far there has been no offers to spend that money…

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting complex, I’m suggesting trying to find something simple but also well considered. The considering is complex, but the result must be simple.

Just giving two people the recovery parts seems simple but can lead to great complexity.

I agree. Suboptimal redundancy is still better than no redundancy. I hope you can find people to look after the seed parts.

2 Likes

Hello friends,

here is the money received for the last month:

From MAID Brave Hex
+ 300 MAID 3.20 Euro 1158 Hex

Total as of January 10, 2021:

• 151,51 EUR
  • 86899 HEX
  • 10000 PDC
  • 10300 MAID

P.S. This donation was never received in the fund due to the Altilly exit scam:

5 Likes

When I’m able, I’ll make up for that @Dimitar. I didn’t want to add my info to Altilly’s google doc sheet and don’t personally believe they intend to restore any funds. But none the less, I like to contribute. I’ve donated to the foundation in the past, the company through its series B, and personal efforts (which a couple flopped because of unknown unknowns) but would like to continue that tradition.

8 Likes

Hello friends,

From MAID Brave Hex
+ 812 MAID 7,48 Euro 1219 Hex

Total as of February 11, 2021:

• 158,99 EUR
  • 88118 HEX
  • 10000 PDC
  • 11112 MAID
8 Likes

Hello friends,

From MAID Brave Hex
+ 112 MAID 13,93 Euro 1001 Hex

Total as of March 11, 2021:

• 172,92 EUR
  • 89119 HEX
  • 10000 PDC
  • 11224 MAID
4 Likes

Hello friends,

From MAID Brave Hex
+ 112 MAID 27,3 Euro 1145 Hex

Total as of April 10, 2021:

• 200,22 EUR
  • 90264 HEX
  • 10000 PDC
  • 11336 MAID

Privacy. Security. Freedom

11 Likes

Just realized that “SafeNetForum.org” is a “Brave verified creator” … so donated 10BAT … does that go to you @Dimitar ? Or who owns/maintains forum?

2 Likes

IT goes to @Dimitar’s marketing fund
The fact that you as a regular are unaware of this means we need to shout much louder about this

4 Likes

The money comes into my account and for now I keep the private keys for it. In general, @Sotros25 accepted my offer to help set up a system to manage that money.

Every month I publish a report on what money was received as a donation in this topic:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

5 Likes