Community Marketing Fund (CLOSED)

They are staked, but if the community wants to sell them, I will take them out

3 Likes

Selling anything this early in a bull market probably won’t be as fruitful so I don’t see why we would sell yet. Let it stake, grow in valuation along with a trending market. Besides we don’t have anything to market yet. We’re close but it needs to be something for everyone or at least developers to be worth marketing for.

3 Likes

two questions here. Are you asking if the community says get out of HEX well I for one support that. If you are just saying you want to save your donation for when there is more product to market I understand that.

@andyypants I’m sorry I didn’t ask the question more clearly. The question from the anonymous person is: should Hex be sold for another crypto?

This is a fund that belongs to the community. I use my money to pay for everything I do. If I have suggestions for the Fund, I will post them here to be voted on. I don’t have one at the moment.

2 Likes

well my suggestion is put a real serious community funds in a stable coin like USDT so we can write that into the plans and not be like oh maybe hopefully this will be worth anything when we need it. Same criticism I have of the way the dev team manages funds. But they have indeed very much extending the runway by playing the markets. so I am glad it worked out. But it doesn’t always.

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. Once the poll is over and if the community has voted to sell, I will post your voting proposal :dragon:

2 Likes

I ordered a separate hardware wallet Trezor for the fund. When it arrives, I will transfer the money to it.

Please nominate two elders, each to hold a piece of the seed, so that there is a clear division of responsibilities and that they can be recovered if something happens to me. :dragon:

4 Likes

@Sotros25 and @happybeing

2 Likes

@mav and @Antifragile

1 Like

I thought neo and happybeing, but no idea if they want this responsibility.

After the proposals for elders are collected, I will send them personal messages and whoever wishes to help will be included in a final voting poll.

3 Likes

I definitely think your proposal for 2 ppl with half a key is better though.

1 Like

As far as I can see, everyone thinks this is the best option, so they have two suggestions for elders. I will edit my post for only this option. :dragon:

3 Likes

I think that it is twice bigger risk if two people will keep 1/2 of private key only.
You need to trust to two people plus two people are responsible to not lose temporary or forever access to their half.

This will only be a problem if a car hits me at the same time they lose the seed. The idea of ​​having it held by two elders is that it will be known that only one person operates with the fund at the same time.

1 Like

I propose a new forum rule

Dimitar and the two forum elders must never travel on the same aircraft, train or car. Better yet, lets ensure they are never in the same country. For this reason we need an English person to hold one of the vital parts of the key, cos they are not straying beyond their borders anytime soon.

Step forward @happybeing - but not too far forward if you are on your boat…

5 Likes

The MaidSafe Foundation is also an option. Has that been considered?

3 Likes

Any suggestions are welcome :dragon:

Donated ~125 MAID bought for a premium on Altilly
Merry Christmas

8 Likes

The Trezor is here:

Please vote for two elders, each to hold a piece of the seed, so that there is a clear division of responsibilities and that the seed for the Community Marketing Fund can be recovered if something happens to me. :dragon:

Vote for the Fund Elders
  • Mav
  • Sotros25
  • Antifragile
  • Happybeing
  • The MaidSafe Foundation

0 voters