Community Initiative Program (CIP)

You explain yourself a lot better above, @arsnebula
@whiteoutmashups offer of $50 in BTC seems derisory and quite rightly “pro” devs are appalled at their work being undervalued in this way.
A bit of context however - the $50 mentioned was for a quick hack to get a single function on a single page working.
The offer was directed at me. I am not a pro developer, I know enough python and JS to get me into trouble and occasionally solve small problems - I was in no way insulted by the $50. As it happens RealLife again intervened and it is really only today -when the network is down and I need to properly learn about mock-routing - that I can come back and look at it again. Seems like @joshuef and @hunterlester have stepped in and provided hints, solutions. I will enjoy playing with that code and learning from it.
Dunno if they have claimed the $50. IMHO they would have a good case to do so.
A small amount got offered for a quick, dare I say, dirty job.
This is entirely on a different scale from the projects that the CEP (or is it CIP?) is intended to solve. At least that is my understanding.
Of course we need a bigger better “structure” for bigger projects. But if @whiteoutmashups wants to put together a scheme to incentivise small quick hacks then cool and best of luck to him. Never for a moment do I think that any of the resulting code will make it into production, but it might work well enough to let others get on their own bit of work in the meantime.
Obviously there comes a point at which you need to draw a line as to which piece of work belongs to which scheme, but that cannot be beyond the capabilities of this community as you point out in a more structured manner above.
And thanks for sticking around :slight_smile:

7 Likes