Community Exchange Listing Fund

I’m speaking about the reaction to different points of view in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks Knosis.

Because this apparently isn’t painfully obvious: no one is forced to participate in this endeavor. Just like we cant’t stop people who don’t participate from free-loading on the gains, those who are bottom-feeders can’t stop those of us who roll up our sleeves to try and get stuff done. Literally, @amaizenblue, what have you done for this community lately?

That aside, I really want to thank those who have indicated support for this endeavor. You have vision and vision is the prerequisite for growth. Thank you for your willingness to truly invest in Safe.

7 Likes

Good lord, why so abrasive? I have not belittled your efforts. In fact I literally said that your job is difficult…my distrust is not with you, its with centralized exchanges, particularly lesser known ones. Despite this, I think BOTH should be attempted, and we take what we can get until we become more established.

But those who oppose centralized exchanges have some warranted skepticism. Thats all I’m saying.

2 Likes

I think things have gone off topic here. I think we all believe and agree that maid is currently undervalued compared to other project tokens in this space, right? So the question begs is why. Perhaps it’s not exchanges, maybe its a lack of marketing or we’re delusional and all think too highly of the network and where the project is at. You can’t have it both ways, you can’t say the token is undervalued, claim that the project is the best in the space, and then say that the product will speak for itself. The product isn’t speaking for itself, it needs greater exposure. What the team has created isn’t short of extraordinary and will likely reach extraordinary by the end of the year. Meanwhile ETH 2.0 is projected to take, what, two years, maybe longer but still holds value and is increasing? Rather than arguing whether we trust exchanges we should be putting forth ideas, time and funds for a community based marketing effort. An exchange listing was just one idea, what else do we have?

5 Likes

Your time is valuable and important. We definitely do not want to stress you out. :racehorse:

In my opinion, doing business deals with organizations that you are not totally sure of their integrity is a big waste of your time. Time you don’t even have. :racehorse:

Integrity is everything, especially now. The integrity is draining out of our world. Maidsafe has this integrity. That’s why we are here. :racehorse:

Have a great day! We all appreciate your efforts. We all want to get to the truth quickly. :racehorse:

:thankyou:

2 Likes

The problem is that we are all big geniuses. Unfortunately, you don’t make money in market investments until everyone else realizes the true worth of what you own and wants it for themselves. The smarter you are, the longer it takes for this to happen. :racehorse:

All we can do is wait. Once SAFE Network comes out, our superiority will become apparent. :racehorse:

5 Likes

Testnet is out bro

3 Likes

Side note/question: is there something inherent to Omni that means it can’t work on DEX? Or is it just that none are currently integrated with it?

Done
v Core community
v Testnet
v BG Fund
v Maidsafe funding

Missing
v Marketing
v Exchanges
v Project time plan

We have the testnet now, so let’s play the game how the game is played and get listed on top exchanges. Make a marketing campaign that is coordinated with Flemming and a new listing on top exchange(s).
@Sotros25 you are doing a great job for the community. Your perspectives and effort are needed. We are in a phase that SN needs to start focusing on marketing and networking.

Fleming, a new listing on a top ex, plus a marketing campaign will get this snowball rolling fast and we will see a massive adoption before Maxwell.

3 Likes

Quick question from me, if we do pay a listing fee for a large/medium exchange, do they give any guarantee of a time the coin will be listed or is it possible they could take the money then say liquidity is to low so we are delisting?

3 Likes

The big exchanges wont list you if you can’t guarantee liquidity. If liquidity and volume drops, you’re done.

We really have to be realistic here, AAA exchanges are not going to happen at this point. Additionally, they all seem to dislike Omni integration too.

I think (and I’ve been discussing this with @Sotros25) that we should be focussing on a stepping stone first. This means KuCoin, Huobi, Bithumb, Bitstamp etc.

4 Likes

Thanks. Thought I was in an alternative universe for a second there…

@scottefc86, good question. For the large exchanges, they’ll expect liquidity expectations to be met. This is why projects simultaneously invest in market-making and marketing. This project isn’t ready for a AAA exchange like Binance. However, an exchange like KuCoin would be a good next step. Even so, market-making and marketing will still be needed. It’s just that the liquidity requirements would be less.

3 Likes

I think there is just a lot of truth that if this was an erc20 and not Omni, we wouldn’t be fighting this battle that we are. However at this point we want MVP and real safe tokens.

Really nice efforts trying to list on additional exchanges, but that doesn’t solve the main issue, which is demand. You want to create demand. A great, slick marketing campaign could achieve that but it’ll take time and will have to overcome the noise from all these other competing projects that have far more hype.

Here’s an easy way to potentially achieve greater demand right now that requires no effort but could solve many problems at once: announcing that the max token supply will be much lower at say 1 billion (with very granular divisibility, max supply is meaningless anyway).

Such decrease in the max supply could quadruple the token’s perceived value (i.e., reduction of future perceived dilution) and thus bring more exposure, liquidity, and interest from exchanges to list. Such a move would also contribute to solving other concerns (e.g., decrease value held in section wallets).

But most importantly, it would bring a lot of potential farmers to help run nodes and dilute the risk of any one large entity supplying large numbers of nodes, i.e., decrease the sybil risk. One of the constants in the filecoin mining communities is that every time the token climbs the charts, there’s a large influx of people who want to run nodes.

2 Likes

I think many of us like the idea of a decreased max, I do for sure but how does that necessarily help right now? It’s nearly impossible to buy any substantial amount right now as it is.

This would be a tricky one. That would make the coin almost 50% pre-mined. I do think the max supply likely should be reduced, but maybe to 2B.

I don’t think it does.

This one isn’t rocket science, IMHO. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel. If MAID were listed to many more exchanges and interest / liquidity were still as it is, then we’d have a real problem. For now the basic arithmetic hasn’t been done but some people want to attempt calculus.

3 Likes

Another reason why the project been undervalued is a negative. If the coin price wasnt so undervalued there would be a lot more community wealth to pay you and many others for their work.

Your doing a great job imo but it’s unsustainable to expect people to work for free and generally they always get taken advantage of.

4 Likes

I agree and well said. KISS, I believe is the proper acronym

3 Likes

I’m confused then as to what you’re trying to achieve. Would providing more channels to buy right now change the supply? No. So these exchange listings would effectively be for marketing purposes.

Another contradictory point is claiming that the token is undervalued and yet complain that one can’t buy large amounts. Buying large amounts of the current low supply is in fact what would increase the value. What is preventing such buys right now? Lack of exchanges or demand?

PS: let’s not forget that the token has done quite well recently (probably thanks to the stupendous technical milestone). And I’m truly not trying to discourage any efforts one way or another. Very much appreciate all efforts that bring participants to the network. I was just adding more ideas. Carry on.

It doesn’t change the supply; it changes the capacity for liquidity. Supply isn’t the problem right now; it’s market depth, which is a liquidity problem.

Thank you for volunteering ideas.