Community Exchange Listing Fund

I addressed some of the main reasons for this here: MaidSafeCoin (MAID & eMAID) - Price & Trading topic (Part 2) - #2369 by Sotros25

1 Like

To be fair, there is some serious price suppression on Bittrex. There is a 10, 000 sell wall at 0.00001950 now. Something is going to happen within the next few days…

My two cents: a pump is in progress. Nobody who intends to sell puts a wall in, unless it’s to manipulate the price…

This if it’s exactly why we need to be on other major exchanges. It’s too easy to manipulate price.

Volume also increased 50% from yesterday…

Whatever happens I’ve got my popcorn out, price is still way too low to consider making any moves. Going to watch from the sidelines.

Note: nevermind, misread their numbers they list 10k as 10,000.000… Go figure.

1 Like

Hard to read the correct number on Bittrex. But look at the btc sell and you see its smale. Not 10 mill maid.

Yeah, I got are right, I misread it, it’s 10, 000 maid. Volume is getting better however.

1 Like

opps, sorry, I missed that. I must have been pretty tired last night.

Personally I have only been interested in the tech ever since I read @dirvine slashdot comments on his exciting new project. Price has always come a distant third and is most of interest in how it will relate to incentives for securing the Safe Network. I do care a lot about gaining developers and mindshare for this project however.

Unfortunately it is not so black and white and although obvious some may have missed this dynamic: Every failed exchange reflects really badly on the Safe Network project. Every time a CEX delists MAID due to no volume, exit scams or outright steals MAID it generates bad press for this project that ripples out through the rest of the decentralised community forums, and unfortunately bad news travels faster than good. Add on top of this that outside of this community in the wider decentralised project space it is generally accepted that only scammy projects without much potential in and of themselves PAY to be listed. Spend some time where the rest of the decentralised network mind share is, and you will find that this is the consensus, for obvious reasons.

I realise that traditional exchanges (all 50 odd of them worldwide the landscape is very centralised) run this model: but that does not mean it is right or we have to suffer it, there are better alternatives. Note that the link I provided above shows Polkadot was listed on Binance without paying their normal extortion fee. Projects with integrity do not need pay a dime to be listed on Binance or anywhere else: no forum polls to raise funds. It is not a “powerful relationship”, it is that when the tech speaks for itself doors open. The Safe Network is just coming into its own now and there is no need to shoot ourselves in the foot by paying extortion fees and branding ourselves as a scammy project in the process and all the negative connotations that generates with the very developers and community we want to attract.

So @Sotros25 your in there pulling large hours using all your creative energy and that is commendable, but as a community member I claim my right to say your pushing shit uphill in this one singular instance, paying for listings reflects really badly on the Safe Network project and drags us all down into the muck in the process. Calling us freeloaders for providing constructive criticism just adds insult to injury. Please consider this constructive criticism in a positive light we all want the same thing here: A Successful Safe Network launch with dominant mindshare in the developer and DaPP communities. Your method in this particular instance is damaging that effort.

I was quite surprised to see the MaidSafe twitter channel promoting p2pb2b.io, an exchange with a long, coloured, negative history. If (when?) it de-lists or worse Maid that will generate another wave of negative press. Why do bother with the repeat abuse?

There is a better way…

There is already a very credible DEX, we will never get better than this for Omni as it is designed and built by the core omni Protocol team: OmniDEX.

So perhaps the real question question your asking is: Why does nobody use Omni DEX or Omni in general? Why are the tens of thousands of Dapp users and all the developer hours being spent elsewhere while Omni continues its downward trajectory? The world of decentralised networks with developer networks numbering in the thousands, large Dapp user base have all moved on to other more flexible, easier to develop on pastures. In that world scammy CEXs and paying for listings are frowned upon as being telltale signs of a project with little merit trying to buy its way in.

The Safe Network is going to carve out a whole new category but Omni is not going to help us get there and it has long been hindering it (perhaps a good thing in the lead up to the first test networks). This whole thread and the dozens similar to it, years of angst, it all comes back to the Omni token. Inflexible, unsupported, no dev attention, no liquidity… no mindshare. Forcing those that use it down to the level of paying to get listed it on scammy exchanges that have consistently lost, stolen and destroyed millions of Maidsafecoin and generated large amounts of negative news for us.

There is a bettter way, other projects have shown us the path: If you note the Omnidex listings, MaidsafeCoin is the last project standing. It was the first and now it is the last. Omni project listing #2 Tether is consistently decreasing Omni issuance and has moved onto the other networks (ERC20, Polkadot etc) soon it will phase Omni out all together. The most interesting case was Omni project #3: the Tauchain project Agoras token which just recently threw in the towel on Omni and moved to greener pastures, in their own words to:

• Increase our community base by making our token accessible to the ERC-20 community
  • List on additional exchanges: desired by the community for long, the switch to ERC-20 will give us access to additional exchanges such as Uniswap
  • Provide additional secure storage options for our token holders

If we want to sustainably attract decentralised developers and Dapp user attention to this project then that may be a constructive example to learn from. Wholesale ERC20 conversion of all Omni MaidSafeCoins would be a gift that keeps on giving for years to come, as a stepping stone conduit between the current biggest decentralised network community into the future Safe Network.

8 Likes

What will help to achieve ERC20 conversion then? What needs to be done here.

Guys do you now harmony(one) please check it, it’s like ethereum but super fast and x1000 cheaper, they have bridges, dexes like uniswap, eth dapps integration,(you can use metamask on harmony network) we could move here!

No more question your honor, I rest my case.

Amen brother, amen! Very well said! :love:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

I am some worried about these kinds of movement,

why does official twitter be controlled by community member?
what is “safe ambassador”? Is it official position at Maidsafe ?

I think it is time to distinguish Maidsafe team and Community member.

1 Like

OMG, it’s like someone trying to find out how much people would be willing to donate for a horse purchase and others showing up just to tell them that EVs are the future or that knowing how to fly would/will be better.

If a community can and wants to throw together enough money for a purposeful CEX listing, why try to sabotage that with these, (at least momentarily) useless notions? There’s the zero option for you, end of, no? It’s not like CEX listing would prevent us from chasing ERC20. You can buy a horse and get an EV and still learn how to fly.

9 Likes

I made the reason very clear, it damages the reputation of the Safe Network project with the very community of decentralised developers and Dapp users that we supposedly want to attract:

1 Like

A community willing to pay to get their favorite project on more CEX damages the project in the eyes of potential developers because the devs all unisono think that only scammy projects without much potential in and of themselves PAY to be listed?

This sounds totally fabricated to fit an agenda.

EDIT: I hope the P2PB2B listing was free then, or we’re done.

3 Likes

I agree largely with the points made by @krnelson. I’ve been following the project for five years and I have been unable to draw in any of my crypto / developer friends because nobody wants to work with OMNI. If it is a question of which single path will give us the most, then converting entirely to an erc20 token will make developer access easy, trading easy, and provide people with more secure and reliable ways to store their tokens.
I’m not opposed to CEX listings, but it does feel like a large effort that wouldn’t ultimately create a strong developer community, just a quick attempt at a money grab.

4 Likes

You could flip the question around to arrive at the same conclusion: Have any of the top projects paid for listings, including recent ones like Polkadot? No, because quality projects do not need to make up for inadequacies in their underlying technology.

There is a reason why projects who have paid listing fees generally do not advertise the fact.

1 Like

So basically, it’s OMNI, not how/if we get on CEX, that hurts us in relation to potential devs.

There are some exchanges – small, medium, and large – that genuinely do not charge for token listings. However, these are often also the exchanges on which it is most difficult to get listed as they base their listing decision purely on the merit of the token and the project behind it.

Can’t get listed on merit? Pay to get listed instead (and suffer the reputation damage as a result unless you can hide the fact).

1 Like

The answer is that they don’t pay. Storj for example:

You can ask them to add a token. We do not pay any exchange to list our token, they do it on their own.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

2 Likes

I have no idea! I have no idea whether or not this and that project paid to get listed, and if they did for free, why is that. I’m not that well informed, and it sounds a lot like assumption/gossip more than anything to me. It also leads this thread completely astray.

I’m willing to accept that getting listed on CEX is not a definite way to have the best dev minds hop on the day after. I’m not buying that it would hurt our chances to see that happening though.