Community Exchange Listing Fund

I don’t trust any of them. With your own money you can gamble how you want. Count me out.

2 Likes

Well, Coinbase and Kraken are both about to become publicly traded US companies, so they are as legit as you can get, really. Their officers are known and in US jurisdiction and would be facing serious jail time if they screwed people over. To get to that level, we need some B+ level exchanges so we can grow into them (and funds to get there).

To each their own, though.

5 Likes

Probably because reputable exchanges don’t charge extortion fees to be listed (Bitfinex for example).

The whole idea of paying an extortion fee is very 2017.

If we want to raise awareness and come into contact with more decentralised developers then ERC20 is where they are mostly at. With luck we are stuck with dead-end Omni for just a little while longer. Notice how native token DOT of Polkadot is listed everywhere but they did not pay listing fees?

Paying extortion is not the way to go about it, see the exponential rise of DEX volume into the billions as a counter example.

1 Like

I think you like the word extortion a little too much. Polkadot is everywhere because the founder is the former Co-founder of ethereum. My guess is his name carries a little weight in those abilities to list.

2 Likes

I’m in for $1000. Its like spending money on a catalyst. No brainer.

4 Likes

As a person who welcomes new people to the forum, I can tell you that there are a lot of people who have lost their MAID in Poloniex.

All centralized exchanges do not worth the effort in the long run. Safe tokens are totally anonymous, it is only a matter of time before we are thrown out of all centralized exchanges.

The only way forward in the long run is decentralized exchanges and I would give money only for them. I would not give money for another centralized exchange in which people can be ground to dust:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

To my mind, if the product is good enough, we’ll get added for free, so why pay.

6 Likes

The token isn’t a privacy token right now though so why does that matter? Has monero been thrown off all CEX?

1 Like

It matters to me, because when someone tells me that their money has been stolen from a centralized exchange, there is nothing I can do. And I hate that. But maybe I can do something for future people by pushing for a decentralized exchange where you keep your keys.

Safe tokens have real usability - you can buy with them anonymously any bad things in the Safe network - pedophile content, bomb plans, etc. Monero is like a toy compared to Safe. We don’t have an idea of what we will face once the network starts…

4 Likes

I’m not trying to argue with you about the future, but as we sit here today all we have is essentially a coaster. A placeholder for the future, so until we have real safe tokens, it feels wise to be on anything and everything that garners accessibility.

1 Like

Decentralized exchanges are for everyone. There is no KYC, they work 24/7, they work for Americans and Chinese. This is the best we can have for maximum accessibility.

4 Likes

Are there any of these decentralized exchanges running today?

1 Like

Yes, and they take over the crypto world. UniSwap is number 1 at the moment, but there are many others:

6 Likes

What would it take to get listed on one of those?

1 Like

Converting to ERC20 token. Or BEP20

1 Like

Wrapped ERC20 MAID. There are topics in the forum where we have discussed this and there is attempt in creating such a wrapped token:

6 Likes

So we thought…

Exchange listing fees are standard practice even in traditional equities markets.

I don’t think a poll can be edited once created. For now, if it’s below $5K, round down to $1K; if it’s above $5K, round up to $10K. This is just to get a ballpark.

$50K and $100K are in there already. Also, see above.

Re: @Secretariat415 & @dimitar, I included $0 just for you.

Here we have what we call in economics the Free Rider Problem meeting the Tragedy of the Commons. If you’d rather attack than help, please publish your public wallet addresses so we can all make sure you don’t use any CEX we manage to get listed on. After all, you’d already get to profit from the resultant price increase you didn’t help to generate.

There’s always a catch. Those that say they don’t charge listing fees still get you with marketing and market-making fees. Then there’s also the matter of powerful relationships (or the lack thereof). I’ve had to find this out the hard way.

As stated above, exchange listing fees have always existed, even before crypto. Business is pay to play. Always has been; always will be.

Thank you, @waveman352, for illustrating my point.

This is not true.

Does anyone else remember Open Ledger DEX and how many people lost MAID there? Asking for a friend…

Wrapped ERC20 MAID. But to get Wrapped by a reputable firm would require that firm to take MAID seriously, which they aren’t given the current liquidity issues that are suppressing the price.

All the successful (by awareness and market cap) projects are not stupid and senselessly burning cash. There’s a reason why they invest in exchange listings and partnerships.

Precisely. P2PB2B proved this to be true, and it’s a relatively small exchange compared to a KuCoin, OkEx or Binance.

5 Likes

This is a fake decentralized exchange - if it can be stopped it is not decentralized.

Is not that. We know from experience that over 80% of the exchanges in which MAID was once listed have f*cked us up. It is reasonable to learn from this experience and not to throw more bodies into the meat grinder and to focus all our efforts on something that will continue to give and give - real unstoppable DEXs, like UniSwap, which has different versions because the old versions can’t be stopped and will exist forever.

4 Likes

It’s a free world. If we get listed to more CEX, please don’t use them. I won’t judge you for not using them. Please stop attacking those of us who do and will.

6 Likes

There is no attack on my part. :love:

I express my opinion publicly and explain why I voted for 0$, and why I will not give money for a centralized exchange.

Of course, everyone is free to vote with their money wherever they decide - but I don’t see anything wrong with pointing out the minis of this decision.

4 Likes