Community Exchange Listing Fund

Wrapped tokens can easily be issued but most important feature must be security and decentralization.

To what degree would we deem something decentralized?

1. If anybody can join as a decentralized node it could create an 51% attack (or something similar where attacker has n-of-k keys required to authorized a transaction). Having a few reputable but independent members run their own validation node would significantly help to make the swap more secure. If some nodes go missing or down for maintenance the swap can still continue.

2. Too many required multi signatures can also cause problems, what if people in future decide to stop running a node, also more signatures can increase transaction costs. Also running a full node is not super cheap so where would these long-term node be paid from (donations? own pocket?)

3. People should be able to easily maintain their node, without someone else having to get access to all the data. If there are important updates, that should be peer reviewed, upgrading should go without losing any keys or significant down time.

I could create a ERC20 Swap right now, running multiple independent nodes, but in long run I’m not sure how it will be sustained economically and also a big responsibility to maintain everything.

So there should be a small core group of people that know about the mechanism of what atomic swaps are, how omni node works, how erc20 contracts work and how both of those chains meet and interact.
If we have a few people that can actively share the burden of making sure things go well it would certainly make everything more feasible.

As far as I know MAID requires a full omni node to operate, people mention about easy atomic swaps but wonder how decentralized this is? If omnicore node is running at the core then is this service still ultimately centralized? I really want to reduce this repeated failure of CEX and Centralized points of control in general. No more hacks and missing coins because people got control to a single centralized server and money gone in vain.

11 Likes