Community Effort to Launch ERC20 MAID

Awesome!!! Glad the test has run smoothly!

With regards to the transaction fees, how is this handled in other wrapped-token scenarios? Are their cases where people pay their own fees?

2 Likes

For any asset that gets wrapped/locked, there has to be a minting transaction, this has to be payed by the user, the contract address, or through relayers (who will eventually charge the contract and in this case we give them MAID commission).

2 Likes

I get that. What examples exist of transactors directly paying the fee themselves?

1 Like

At some point it would be incredibly helpful, if we would send all the Brave BAT holders and small amount in ER20Maid, so that in the future they could create a SAFE account. These people are obviously more privacy minded.

4 Likes

Awesome work on this, thanks for all the efforts! I have a few questions perhaps you can help answer.

How does one become a relayer and how does the MAID fee get set given the MAID/ETH rate will be changing ?

Is there any ETA for when this can be made live? Having an ERC20 and uniswap honestly is all MAID needs for accessibility at this point. the wrapped token will be easier to get exchange listings too as not all use the OMNI protocol.

How will this work at MAID->SAFE conversion time, does the flow work both ways or will the ERC20 maid be convertible directly into SAFE with no hop back to OMNI needed?

3 Likes

I believe a moving average or weighted index of various exchanges could provide it with the most reliable fee structure. Remember you have choice to accept the fee before you proceed with the swap.

Still looking into the Gas Station Network that will be added to the smart contract. Finding some time now to work on it. I believe majority will trade the MAID ERC20 and not swap back all the time. Once we get to the point of a working Safe Network with the native SNT (Safe Network Tokens) I believe that stopping the process of minting and making people aware that they can claim their MAID.omni back.

Any unclaimed remaining MAID.omni that is still yet to be claimed will remain open.
It also depends how the MaidSafe Team wants to burn MAID.omni and then release those SNT to the corresponding owners. All by all anyone who holds ERC20 can claim back their MAID.omni before the SNT goes live (snapshot of MAID addresses/open-ended burn address/etc) we still don’t know what it will be, getting your MAID back will be no problem.

6 Likes

Testing swaps
https://i.imgur.com/laevPlR.png

5 Likes

Welcome to the community. It’s good to have you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Our first Pepe avatar! We’re moving up in the world. Feels good, man.

3 Likes

Amazing work. Thanks for this incredible effort.

5 Likes

Please have a look and see what Gasless MetaTransaction is about. It’s really interesting and makes it a lot easier for people to use it.

4 Likes

This may be a stupid question. Why can’t the person converting MAID to MAID.erc20 pay for the fees instead of requiring any middlemen? Same qiestion goes for conversion back from MAID.erc20 to MAID?

5 Likes

This seems like the simplest solution to me as well

5 Likes

As mentioned in the MAID Trading:

With this new approach to make it fully decentralized and single deposit address we will also no longer need to register to the website. You only need to provide the sending/burning address (before you send/burn!!) and the address where you want to receive tokens on.

3 Likes

The maid address sends maid and btc to pay fees, and must state an eth address for receiving the erc20.

Why not require that the way to state the eth receiving address is by sending a payment from that address to cover the eth fees?

2 Likes

Would it make more sense at this point to use BSC over ETH to swap coins? It’d be cheaper to deploy the contract there as well as the fees to swap.

Isn’t eth a bigger ecosystem, more exchanges , more money in it etc?

1 Like

for now yes, but bnb which is what the Binance Smart Chain uses just became the #3 coin and whatever can run on ETH can run on it minus the high fees. all the other exchanges would have to adapt eventually and money will probably go there

2 Likes

Good thinking. The market is giving a lot of attention to BSC so it’s definitely worth exploring.

3 Likes

No problem to make the ERC20 token on ETH and make other wrappings (of the ERC20 token) on all empty blockchains :dragon:

2 Likes