Community-Driven Exchange Listing Proposal

I wouldn’t spend any money to get listed on these exchanges. We will be competing against a lot of fly-by-night scams who can outbid us because that’s how they make money. It’s not a game we can win. Just finish the network and have the coin go up that way. Spend money on finishing the network sooner instead. :racehorse:

Edit: We can get on these DEX exchanges that are growing exponentially and we won’t have to bribe anybody. :racehorse:

:secretariat415:

6 Likes

I don’t know if and how it would be good if the community helps, that depends on what is needed.

I think it would be good if @Sotros25 and @Birdinc1 have a direct contact with the Maidsafe team. I get the feeling that exchanges want to speak with people as close to the Maidsafe team as possible.

The exchanges above phase 1 seems quite good to me, don’t know anything about the lower volume ones. Seems like you guys have a good plan and I support the initiative.

4 Likes

This is absolutely true. No reputable exchange will accept to list a coin without a direct contact with the project team. What would happen here is @Birdinc1 would do most of the relationship-building to take the strain off the MaidSafe team. As needed, I (or a community nominee/volunteer) can raise exchange questions for the MaidSafe team to answer so that the MaidSafe team doesn’t have to actively manage the relationship until they have the resources to do so.

7 Likes

@Sotros25

I would however I’m unfamiliar with the landscape as the only crypto I’m interested in is BTC and MAID. :smiley:

I recognize that that’s not very helpful.

2 Likes

Even better. We can make a small donation and create our own exchange market in UniSwap (the idea is that market creation fees are currently high, but if we raise money in a common account the market creation cost will be the same). All fees from this market will be for the team!

:love:

2 Likes

How do we do that? Do we just go on Uniswap, give them a big bunch of MAID, a big bunch of Ether, and a big bunch of BTC, along with some trading parameters so the system knows all of our buy/sell prices and limits? :racehorse:

Half accurate. UniSwap is an automatic market maker. (there is no order books) If you are a liquidity provider you make money when people sell and you make money when people buy.

It’s like being a exchange. The fees are for you. If you are alone а liquidity provider in a market for example ERC20 MAID / ETH you take 100% of the fees. If there are two liquidity providers and each of you has 50% of the liquidity you take 50% of the fees and so on…

Here’s how we can give the team their own exchange on UniSwap:

• We collect donations - 1-5-20$ as much as you can give
  • We buy ETH and we buy Omni MAID
  • We turn Omni MAID to ERC20 MAID
  • We bring ETH and ERC20 MAID into UniSwap
  • We give the private key to the team

Then anyone who wants can join as a liquidity provider too to the the same market on UniSwap :dragon:

4 Likes

But we won’t, not realistic.

Will you give money for the UniSwap Dex then?

highly unlikely, no work for 5 months now, no income, I can’t do alot until work resumes for me.

But that is a different matter, I was simply stating you will never get all forum members to contribute money.

I’m sorry to hear that, friend. I know how awful it is not to have a job…

I think it is clear to all of us that the probability of success is not high, I believe that in the forum we are all above average intelligence (a lot of smart and ingenious people here), therefore, such obvious things need not be said, because they kill enthusiasm… See what a good job @Sotros25 and @Birdinc1 did… don’t kill their enthusiasm, please.

:love:

4 Likes

Thanks for your kind words.

I was not trying to kill enthusiasm of 2 ppl.
They did not make the statement, you did.

Ahahaha ok, then don’t kill my enthusiasm :dragon:

2 Likes

6,500 community members can raise 130,000$ for 1 month if everyone donates 20$

OR

3,250 community members can raise 130,000 for 2 months if everyone donates 20 per month

OR

1,625 community members can raise 130,000 for 4 months if everyone donates 20 per month

OR

812 community members can raise 130,000 for 8 months if everyone donates 20 per month

OR

411 community members can raise 130,000 for 16 months if everyone donates 20 per month

5 Likes

There should already be people who have Ether and/or Maid just sitting in their wallets collecting dust. No need to raise cash. People might be able to do it all by themselves if they have enough. :racehorse:

1 Like

This is true. Also in version 2 of UniSwap there is an opportunity to create a direct market with other tokens. Ie If you have ERC20 MAID and Storj you can make a MAID/STORJ market :dragon:

1 Like

For me Uniswap seems very wrong in a fundamental way. To lock up huge amount of MAID and ETH on each Side to make trades. To make One $1000 trade you need $100 000 in both sides worth of MAID and ETH, that is fundamentalt wrong in my opinion.

I will never support Uniswap and will speak against it every time, there are some serious flaws in that system.

If DEX then get us into exchanges with orderbooks and no pools. If people want lock up their funds in pools that is up to them but if we raise funds they should go to serious centralised exchanges many people use.

This is not true, friend. You can have only 1,000$ liquidity and trading for 1 million $…

Maybe it’s good to read more to understand why there was a real $ 1.75 billion OnChain trade last month at UniSwap. Either people are very, very stupid or you don’t understand what UniSwap is…

1 Like

That is what makes Uniswap so f*cked up and I would never ever touch that shit. You need very large pools of MAID and ETH on each side, if someone makes a trade then it disturbes the balance and price between the pools, so you have to balance them again and again. And also you need very large amounts 100x or 1000x MAID and ETH on each side, above the trade you want to support. It seems like pure madness to me.

Here is a great article on how Uniswap works:

Graphical Guide to Understanding Uniswap - EthHub. :racehorse:

Uniswap looks really cool. I am truly impressed. :racehorse:

3 Likes