CNBC: Leading venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz raises its first dedicated crypto fund

Let’s hope Dixon takes a look at the current state of things over in Troon. IMO the bnktothefuture funding efforts were lacklustre. Some of that $300M they just raised could do some good things at @maidsafe . Let’s see how “patient” AH really plans to be. Note the prominence of Storj on the bnktothefuture website.

…Chris Dixon, general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, said the firm is taking a long-term and “patient” approach in the space…

“We’ve experienced ups and downs in the cryptocurrency market, and expect there will be many more,” Dixon told CNBC Monday. “There’s potential in the technology, and some of the downturns can be the best investments"

1 Like

Coincidentally I was just watching Simon Dixon (another Dixon) of Bnktothefuture explaining why we should all keep faith in cryptocurrencies. It disturbs me that at 69 minutes his explainer is the length of a short movie and that through most of it (I skim watched) he looks ill at ease (maybe understandably because of the market and his financial and personal stake). I also felt Bnktothefuture could have done more with Maidsafe during the funding stage - I’m guessing a lack of personnel is the main reason. Not accusing him of anything untoward, but I have to say I don’t really trust anyone in the crypto currency space at all, least of all those making predictions.

3 Likes

HN Discussion of this. Pretty interesting as people struggle to actually find a real-world problem that people actually have, that blockchain solves (aside from just “money”)
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17395493

4 Likes