Classic film | The Age of Intelligent Machines (Kurzweil)

Ray Kurzweil is currently working for Google in the AI space. He’s an inventor and was writing books about AI in the 80’s. He made a documentary at that time including an interview with Stevie Wonder.

http://www.kurzweilai.net/classic-film-the-age-of-intelligent-machines

3 Likes

Huge fan of Kurzweil! Do you follow him too @polpolrene ?

He even predicted MaidSafe! I wrote about it in a timeline I made for Reddit, where I listed all of his future predictions that he made across all his books. They are all great reads!

Here’s my timeline (1mil views on day1 of Reddit!):smile: (MaidSafe is predicted in the “2010’s” section, so we’re right on schedule here!!):smile: :
http://imgur.com/quKXllo

3 Likes

What format is that video in? I can’t get it running in my Ubuntu 14.04’s Firefox

EDIT: Nevermind, got it running in chrome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can get you the .mp4 You know, plugin, download some video etc. But it’s .mp4. 188 MB.

I’m also a great fan of Kurzweil. I’ve read all his books, including the one about health and his last one about how the minds works.

1 Like

Transcend and How to Create a Mind! Both were great!

Did you see Transcendent Man?

Yup, and most of his presentations on youtube. If you search his name and filter videos > 20 min. he’s all over the place with great presentations. His predictions about VR in the 2030’s is the most stunning to me. Nanotech in the brains that takes over :smiley:.

1 Like

Right with ya on that! Just gotta make sure it connects us to a distributed & free (as in “freedom!”) SAFEnet and not GoogleNet!!

1 Like
1 Like

@whiteoutmashups Ray Kurzweil says that in 2020 we would see sub micron 3D-printers that can print out clothes for pennies. Look at what Stratasys shows today with their new system. I’m a happy little shareholder as well ;-).

1 Like

Aww… And here I was hoping for no clothes in the future! :stuck_out_tongue:

But at least they will be cheap! Very cool Indeed! And highly customizable I’m sure!

2 Likes

One of the latest talk by, and interview with Ray Kurzweil:

1 Like