Can't upload files + wallet question

Hi all, so I downloaded the SAFE launcher and Demo app, began the client, created an account, all with ease.

However, when I try to upload a file, I get the following message: " Request connection failed - ECONNRESET ", so I’m unable to make use of the app.

Also, is there a way to create a wallet, cold storage or otherwise, for Maidsafe coins? How do you receive the coins if you’re contributing to the network?

Thanks.

Edit: I’m using latest version of Mac OS X, and already tried disabling my VPN.

1 Like

The network is not released yet. The executables you might have found are all for testing purposes, and currently there isn’t a test network online to try it out.
I invite you to use the search function of the forum to find the information that you need, check out the roadmap.
Also, every thursday there is a new update on the development, so you should check it out later this week if there is another testnetwork to try out.

3 Likes

Make sure you understand the difference between MaidSafecoin (token that lives on the blockchain, cannot be farmed, can be bought on exchanges), and Safecoin (used to buy storage and services on SAFEnetwork, paid to people providing resources to the network - farming - when implemented, so not in existence yet!).

Then search or re-ask here and I’ll be happy to clarify.

Note: test 15 is imminent, so you might want to jump in the to get a feel for things.