Can't create account @trust-level 1 (basic user)

This is quite strange indeed. The errors in your log say that the Client ( IP ) is not whitelisted.
With the IP whitelisted and without going through the account creation process could you please check if you can access some websites like safe://eye.eye or safe://cat.ashi for example.

I tried both of these but the browser tab just keeps on spinning.

• safe://cat.ashi
  • safe://eye.eye

I thought I had the wrong safe_browser version namely v0.10.2 and then grabbed v0.14.1 when I got slightly different behavior as follows for both safe:// URIs:

“app.webFetch is not a function”

Should I be able to access any safe:// site without being logged into the network with an account?

Yes. You don’t need an account to view sites that are already published on the network.

This is a different error, directly related to the browser. See app.WebFetch is not a function

@mornep if you have a nodeJS environment setup could you please try cloning the browser’s master branch and run

yarn put-live-net-files-for-linux
    yarn prod-dev
1 Like

w/ this version of the browser the app.webFetch issue is because it can’t connect (and so the app hasn’t initialised). So it’s related id say.

1 Like

Have sent @mornep a DM with a couple of things to try, didn’t want to post here to make sure nothing personal was exposed.

We actually saw something similar to this recently with @Nigel where he couldn’t connect when going through his mobile carrier so we made an assumption that this was somehow related to traffic coming through that mobile carrier and had tried a couple of things to resolve, but had not been successful yet.
@mornep can I confirm that you are not going through a mobile carrier for the network connection you are using while testing this?

As mentioned in my DM to mornep, it seems our invite server & Alpha 2 proxy nodes somehow see different IPs for him & so it fails to authenticate

3 Likes

It actually fixed itself :slight_smile: all I needed was level 1 trust

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.