Can someone explain maidsafecoin/safecoin?

I agree - simpler, more elegant.
BUT what happens if that queue is emptied so quickly (define quickly…) such that we stil have an effective flood…
Are we not better then putting a hard time limit in place?

@reivanen @polpolrene @Southside

3 Likes

If you take a look to the code there are a lot of timers. The idea is to be local and that can be easyly Implemented in the safecoin transfer.

1 Like

As one who is legendary for dreadful timekeeping, you cannot imagine how much I agree with you…

Hi,
I’m wondering, what wil happens, when the safe network lauch and they don’t exchange any maidsafecoin to safecoin like they promise or exchange at 3:1 ?

It exist something in the code base, that retain maidsafe to do such a thing ?

I’m the only who worry about this ?

Er yep.

The only way you could conceivably get more or fewer coins is if there were more or fewer coins on the network.

I suppose ‘never say never’ to something like 10x the safecoin as a result of the divisibility situation, but then everyone gets 10x the coins.

The crowdsale agreement was pretty clear. Maidsafe could not give you a smaller % of the network coins than those promised in the crowdsale (equiv to 1:1). I don’t think this is a legitimate concern really. It is a matter of trust (and legal obligation) rather than being hard coded atm, but I don’t see any reason or precedent to suggest that something like that could happen.