Can Safecoin function as STAND ALONE?

“We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard”
-John F. Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

It would give Safecoin an advantage, if it could function without the Maidsafe network or the internet. Egypte, Amazon and the latest Time Warner outage, are signs that we’ll have more internet outages in the future. People will probably have other things on their mind, but imagine if they can pay with Safecoins through wifi, RF, NFC or what have you.

Imagine the picture above saying “Bitcoin, altcoins and online banking offline, but Safecoins users not affected” LOL

Aditionally it would not have these costs that king cash has.
picture this if “cash is king, Safecoin would be emperor”

1 Like

Decentralized and Distributed network… @19eddyjohn75

Amazon, and Time Warner outage is exactly why this Project SAFE exists. Centralized outages to be meaningless.

By the way AMAZING article that everyone should read, it is spot on, AWESOME find!

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem relevant to complex systems like trade and economics which are processes where going to the moon is a goal. Watch nature. It has achieved some ridiculously difficult tasks via simple processes. Keeping the means simple results in achieving hard tasks manageable. Engineers didn’t build rockets and shuttles with unnecessary difficulty, that would have resulted in less probability of getting to the moon in the first place.

I think the difference between you and I is that I care more about the community than the tokens. Ask yourself, what are the tokens for if not as a tool to aid and progress the community? If we don’t need said tool, why use it? Sure, tokens are relevant now since scarcity is still something to overcome, but in small communities scarcity becomes less and less relevant.

4 Likes