Can Safe Network become the Green alternative to Bitcoin?

Sorry @jlpell that was a UK-only joke, Freeman Dysons son is a manufacturer of innovative but not always particularly effective vacuum cleaners and other devices. Makes great play of his “Britishness” but manufactures everything abroad with cheap/slave labour in SE Asia. Generally regarded as a complete cult by most here, except the fools who buy his stuff

I’m a fool who has bought two of his vacuums (in twenty years), both still working better than the several I went through before trying one. The man is a shit but his vacuums are awesome and his customer service is amazing.

We need people and business models that can deliver for employees and community as well as their customers, so maybe we can learn from them too.

He makes a fine hand-dryer, I’ll give him that. Anyway its bilge pumps you need, no vacuum cleaners.

By paying slave wages in Thailand? How dreadfully Conservative of you… I expected better #Harrumph

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can I play around with a safe network testnet?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can I play around with a safe network testnet?

Ma erng-leesh is nahy goo-d ernuf ferr yerr tar geet maar troo meenink feela. Yon Dire-soon dizna have tha foost too, eenli tha coostermmers suited. Yerr goot ma?

Naw - can you speak louder please? It generally works for Anglo-Saxons trying to communicate with us ethnic chappies

1 Like

With Elon’s tweet today, it seems dogecoin might be the greener alternative to Bitcoin.

2 Likes

That man spews trash with every sentence…

3 Likes

I agree, but I am surprised also. He seems very measured in his words on TV/youtube etc. It does not fit with his contradictory statements on crypto/dogecoin.

Would it be possible he has been vacuming dogecoin the last month, establishing control over supply in order to create a dogecoin “stable coin=$1” scheme? He said he would take dogecoin to the moon. And he said he would like a green alternative to bitcoin. And he is not unfamiliar with novel internet based payment systems (paypal) and their applications.

Or:

4 Likes

Notice Elon does not talk about the increasing amount fossil fuels required to charge electric cars. He speaks with forked tongue.

2 Likes

His tweets are utter non sense, during the pandemic he did his issy fit about having to close down his factories due to the pandemic, really did not care one bit about his employees’ health.

That man is a complete hypocrite, really do not like him one bit!

Who knows, he is definitely playing games, that’s for sure!

Doge is also use POW based Litecoin network, it means it is also consume massive electricity.

2 Likes

And a drum roll please: Musk Announced today on Twitter the EV maker has suspended vehicle purchases using bitcoin out of concern over rapidly increasing use of fossil fuel’s for bitcoin mining, thus the drop in bitcoin price of 5%. Has he been reading this thread? Since When did he not know the environmental cost of bitcoin? This guy is supposed to be a genius?

2 Likes

I think his claim of asperger syndrome is a way of getting away with obvious market manipulation. He’s not selling any bitcoin, in fact he’s probably buying more and in barely any time at all he’ll say something to change everyone’s mind to bullish, like he’s aiming to decarbonize bitcoin. Or maybe he just keeps attempting to pump doge.

4 Likes

Definitely not a genius…

1 Like

Well my portfolio took a huge dump this morning but I am happy. Because events like this will mean a revolution in crypto is coming soon. I.e. BTC will be replaced by a greener alternative (a point from this post). This will provide a huge opportunity for traders/investors as well as Safe Network (I hope). More importantly, a greener alternative will mean no worldwide government ban on crypto. So although I am down I know this stuff is great news long term!

3 Likes

Yes that is true, do you think this means he is going for POS or something else?

https://www.cell.com/joule/pdfExtended/S2542-4351(20)30331-7?fbclid=IwAR1awFsxXCX7vxRVliY_4aGbgOZWlbLC53JgXp9kyd1PBnouCzBlE78UMr0