Can I buy MaidSafecoins via Exchanges?

Hi all

I’m about to buy some MaidSafe coins from MasterXchange, but after reading the FAQ, I saw this : ”What if I have used an Exchange to purchase MaidSafeCoins?
If your transaction hasn’t yet been completed you might still be able to get a refund. Unfortunately if the transaction has been completed your MaidSafeCoins will have been destroyed. Our instructions explicitly stated that participants should only use wallets where you have full control of your private keys.”

Here I’m guessing the devs are talking about the crowdsale, where people have sent BTC from their exchange addresses, where they don’t own their private keys?

If that’s correct, does that mean it’s fine for me to purchase MaidSafe coins via MasterXchange? Secondly what is the process to transfer the MaidSafe coins to Omniwallet (which is the only wallet currently supporting MaidSafe coins at the moment if I’m correct)

Do I have to provide a BTC address which I own the private keys, to create an Omniwallet account and then simply withdraw my MaidSafe coins from MasterXchange to my MaidSafe address in Omniwallet?

Thanks,
Wulfcastle

Hey Wulfcastle,
Yes that’s what i believe that answer to the first question is referring to; using a bitcoin address from an exchange to make your maidsafecoin crowdsale purchase which is a bad idea.

Maidsafecoins are linked to a bitcoin address, you can send maidsafecoins to any bitcoin address. You can view your maidsafecoin balance using masterchest.info. You can also send maidsafecoins using omniwallet, just create an account using the bitcoin private key your maidsafecoins are associated with.

Hey hamiltino,

Thanks for the quick reply, can you still use Masterchest.info? Their site says it’s outdated, and that users should wait for Mastetcoin Core. Also does Master chest.info act as a block explorer for those holding MaidSafe coins?. Final question, will you be able to view your balance via Omniwallet, or can that only be done via Mastechest? In that case will Omniwallet only be used to transfer MaidSafe coins?

Sorry for some of the “noob” questions, this process Is all bit new to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Wulfcastle

Also does Master chest.info act as a block explorer for those holding MaidSafe coins?
Yes it does, just type in the bitcoins address where you got you Maidsafecoins then you’ll see your balance

Final question, will you be able to view your balance via Omniwallet, or can that only be done via Mastechest?
You can go to Master chest.info and do what I say above to check your balance, but I assume that you can see it in your Omniwallet

In that case will Omniwallet only be used to transfer MaidSafe coins?
You can store all types of assets (Bitcoins, Maidsafecoin etc)

An advice of the unwise, ONLY KEEP YOUR MAIDSAFECOIN IN A WALLET WITH 2FA (2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION) so don’t use Omniwallet it only has a password. I use Blockchain.info, but please only use this if you know how it works. You could keep your funds on MasterXchange.com with 2FA, but exchanges don’t really got the reputation to be safe. I know that i’m not really helping now with all this info, but if you got questions ask. We all have to start somewhere and wellcome

:stuck_out_tongue:

no problem, these answers should help other newcomers aswell.

So I use Masterchest to quickly check my balance, ofcourse you can do this with omniwallet but its more time consuming to login to my omniwallet account whereas i can just copy paste my bitcoin address with masterchest(its like a block explorer). There is an announcement on the masterchest website that reads “Masterchest Wallet (Desktop) is now end of life and can no longer be used” so i guess you cant use its desktop wallet.

Ah okay I think I get it now. What this essentially means is that I can send my MaidSafe coins to any Bitcoin address (that I own the private keys for) and I can track it via MasterChest? Then later on I can redeem the MaidSafe coins for Safecoins by simply inputting my Bitcoin address?

Is that correct?

you will need to send the maidsafecoins to a burn address. Details on this process is not finalized yet.

To add: If you don’t want to use omniwallet you can wait until the mastercore wallet is released with an ETA around August.

EDIT: i just checked the omniwallet website and it has the block explorer functionality so you don’t need to use masterchest.info

@19eddyjohn75 please can you review the FAQs you posted and remove things that only applied to the crowdsale. Thank you.

Okay quick question. Since I can withdraw MaidSafe coins to any BTC address which I own. Could I withdraw my MaidSafe coins to my MultiBit client, and then create a “watch-only” address in Omniwallet to view my MaidSafe coins?

Last question, how can I send MaidSafe coins back and forth? Say from my wallet to MasterXchange?

Unfortunately I can’t just delete posts, but I’ll update them with other questions soon.

@Wulfcastle

[quote=“Wulfcastle, post:9, topic:744”]
Could I withdraw my MaidSafe coins to my MultiBit client, and then create a “watch-only” address in Omniwallet to view my MaidSafe coins?
[/quote] If you withdraw your Maidsafecoin to your multibit client, you only have to type in your multibit address into masterchest.info (Right in the top you can enter your address) and see your Maidsafecoins.

If you just bought Maidsafecoins on MasterXchange.com you can just go to [Balance] on the right of the Maidsafecoins you see [Action] click on it, you can then pick [Withdraw]. Enter the Multibit address you want to use and the amount, then click [Request Withdrawal]…

KEEP IN MIND IT COSTS YOU MONEY TO WITHDRAW EVEN 130 MAIDSAFECOINS AT THE MOMENT, SO TRY TO SEND MONEY BACK AND FORTH TO THE MINIMUM. Btw what I should have mention if you make use of 2factorAuthentication, use 2 phone to scan the QRcode, if you loose one you still have a backup phone.

And keep asking questions, if you need to know more, never doubt. Nobody knows everything

Thanks bud. Yeah MasterXchange must be making a killing with those MaidSafecoin withdrawals :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got a few more question which I’ll open up a new topic for, but I can safely say that this is the most helpful community I’ve ever been in. In any other forum I’d have to wait a few days to get as much info as you guys have posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel free to ask whenever you need to know something. If you got technical questions I would advice you to insert them here. But these questions will be answered at a later stage, that could take days :blush:

1 Like

@19eddyjohn75 if you ask @David I’m sure he can delete them for you.

1 Like

David got better things to do then fix my screwUps… Luckily this time it’s just minor compare to kick*ter.

:frowning:

But I’ll makeUp by becoming the best Maidsafe promotor

1 Like

Hey all

Just started a new topic here about the difficulty of farming Safecoin, just a couple questions I need to clear up :smile: : Difficulty and Farming of SafeCoins - Farming - Safe Network Forum

It would be a great help if you would remove redundant FAQs so they don’t mislead newcomers who don’t realise they are about the crowdsale. It is no work for David to delete any that need deleting.

1 Like

I’ll replace and update them myself ASAP

2 Likes

I’ve seen some Maidsafecoins on the Counterwallet / Counterparty exchange. Is this the real deal? Or did someone just created coins called Maidsafe??

1 Like

There are only 450,000,000 or so MaidSafeCoins so it is not possible for those there in your picture to be legitimate MaidSafeCoins.

Aha, I already thought so. Someone just used the name to fool some people in trying te sell them some useless coins. That’s the negative pasrt of decentralised things like Counterparty etc.