Can anyone here explain NFTs to me

I mean apart from a tax dodge I’m just not getting it or is it something I’m missing?

2 Likes

MMmmmmm interesting. Seems like SAFE are a good home… pending this thing ever sees the light of day…

Bubble if I’ve ever seen one.

I was wondering, if an NFT is essentially verifiable original data, can Safe Network Token be spun as NFT?

1 Like

I guess so.

Im not understanding how they think these things are unique if any future chain can just do the same thing…

Some brainlet paid $1300 for this Get a Giannis Antetokounmpo Moment™ NFT for USD $121.00

I can go and watch this for free anywhere and don’t care who owns it…

Like I said… tax dodge. Brilliant.

Beeple has some pretty cool stuff but most of the nonsense sold as art is madness. Guess art is in the eye of the beholder.

They’re using IPFS I think…wow

I’ve spent intermittent cycles thinking of games that could be deployed on Safe leveraging NFTs. I think there’s a big opportunity there.

2 Likes

I think a lot of NFTs are bubbles but I think they are here to stay and I think we need to look a little deeper at the human phycology of the masses.

The world is heading digital. More people spend their time on social networks and digital platforms. VR will only improve and I’m sure in the not to distant future many people will spend more and more time in VR.

We still have a desire for community, we like to decorate our house with tickets from concerts we went to and pieces of art we like and feel represent who we are. People are willing to pay good money to display that in their house where relatively few people see it.

Imagine if you could show of your art or the ticket to the world cup final on you twitter or Instagram homepage.

It feeds into the narcissism of the social media age. Everyone likes to show off and that’s more so in the digital age.

The other aspect of NFTs seems to feed the human desire to be part of a group or a tribe…community. NFT community’s are created by owning an nft from a certain collection. It gives you special access to chat rooms for other holders of that nft.

I think the bubble will burst but I see NFTs having a bright future.

1 Like