Call me when Maidsafe is more accessible and when it has more space available

So I made a couple of ugly unfinished sites on Maidsafe at one point.
The problem I encountered was that I would run out of those 1000 points as soon as I had uploaded everything.

1000 points is not enough for me and I’m quite sure not for others either.
I’d say 1,000,000 points should get a developer going until Alpha 3 is released if one is going to use 1,000 points a day.

Since I don’t think Maidsafe will do this anytime soon, I request being informed when this option becomes available.
And perhaps others as well.
I can’t be the only one in this, can I?

I’m now creating my websites on clearnet on an RPi and a tinkerboard, because at least 25% of the world (IPv6 only, IPv4 is already taken by my private mail server.) can view it.

You can right now build unlimited size sites using mock and have them ready to deploy when SAFE goes live.

Given that what we have until then is a test network, I don’t have a problem with that because my priority is to have apps ready as soon as possible. It is possible to build websites that fit well within the limits of a single account, or even to spread them across multiple accounts if you need to. Just running my regression tests for SAFE Drive uses 400+ puts, so I rarely do it using a live account.

This is a limitation, but some are inevitable with a product that is still in development, and if you want to be among the first movers.

It is also fine if you don’t want to be first, you can wait and build later. I just want to point out that you can still develop and test storage hungry sites right now, if you want to be ready. Or you can build things that are less hungry, and given that this is usually because storage hungry websites have lots of small files you will end up with a better (faster) website if you do.

So there is also something to be said for pushing back on storage hungry implementation.

I hit the same issue as you when I used a template to create a really simple website for SAFEpress, and again with one of the remoteStorage.js apps that I wanted to port to SAFE a while a go (an Evernote clone). As a result I found other ways to build things that are I think better suited to SAFE.

@folaht I think you’ve been doing some interesting work from the Dev forum discussions so I hope you’ll find a way, or come back. I’d love to see it in action.

10 Likes