Building the Minimum Viable Experience

This is awesome, thank you , Jim. One wee point, instead of an app being authorised to read a Safecoin balance, perhaps it could be only authorised to answer Y/N to the Q “Is there enough Safecoin to do X?”

If an app needs to withdraw a small amount (with permission) then it can be authorised to go ahead if balance > cost of current operation. The app (in most cases) would not need to know the actual balance, only that there are sufficient funds to do whatever is required.
Or m I making it too complicated for now? Or not reading it all carefully enough?

2 Likes

An app does not need to be authorised to read your balance to spend Safecoin, or transfer it. If there are insufficient funds for either the it just gets knocked back.

There is that separate authorisation in case you wanted to use say, a wallet/finance app that displayed your balance or what not. Most apps won’t need it.

8 Likes

Thats what I love about this project, almost instantaneous answers to questions - even daft ones that I should have thought harder about. Thanks Jim :slight_smile:

11 Likes